PDA

View Full Version : Help!

icehockeyboy
19-12-2016, 19:29
For whatever reason my Sammy 46" tv 2014 vintage seems not to be outputting sound from the phono AV outputs.

I've changed the speaker output from TV to external, or however it's worded, but nothing!

Never had a problem when I was using it through my AV amp via HDMI, but to make my life easier, and to appease the wife, and to stop her calling me up when I'm on a gig,saying she can't get the tele on, ive tried to simplify the whole operation, but I'm not happy with the built in speakers on the TV, hence wanting to use the stereo amp.

struth
19-12-2016, 19:32
are they deffo outputs? some are inputs and only output is a headphone socket.??

icehockeyboy
19-12-2016, 20:17
are they deffo outputs? some are inputs and only output is a headphone socket.??

They say L and R audio, so I assume they're 'outs'

struth
19-12-2016, 20:28
They may be. I remember buying a tv with those on back and I couldnt get anything out until I realised they were actually ins :doh: There fortunately was a small head jack and I used that. That was the reason I bought the tv as well, for the rca outs :D

Mark Grant
19-12-2016, 21:02
If they are outputs the line out volume might be controlled by the TV remote control volume buttons. turn it up and try again.
I have seen that a few times.
worth a try with your samsung.

icehockeyboy
20-12-2016, 12:32
All sorted now thanks, I ended up using the AV amp again, feeding it via the toslink output.

That way the wife can simply turn on TV and sat box and watch to her hearts content, and I can just switch on the AV amp when I use it.