PDA

View Full Version : I'm a New Bee Here

MusicBee
18-12-2016, 12:17
Hello Folks,

I've just registered to this forum, and writing this first post to introduce myself to the community as per the admin/moderator of this site has advised.

I live in Dubai and my roots are from India/Asia.

I currently own LINN AV-5103 Pre/Power- 5125 with Aktive Linn Ninkas, configured in 2 Ch. with source Oppo HA1 & Cambridge Audio 752BD & Mac Book Pro as sources connected to them via Linn Silvers & Cable Research IC's & LK400 Spk Cabling.

I may need your expertise help in few matters that I'm lost at. Hope I get the help here from you all forum audio community members.

Cheers
Pramod (MusicBee)

walpurgis
18-12-2016, 17:20
Hi Pramod. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what music you like and if you have further plans for your system.

Take a look around the site, you'll find the are sections covering every aspect of Hi-Fi.

If you have questions, just start a thread in whichever area is suitable.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

MusicBee
18-12-2016, 20:55
Hello Geoff,

Many Thanks for your warm welcome, I like acoustic / female vocals / classical / Jazz and Rock.

I have plans to get a all in one system in future, like Linn Majik DSM, but its cost is keeping me away for now and looking foe a good used one,

so I'm looking for any other alternative option in the interim, and planning to sell my current setup.

and just keep the Oppo-HA1 and hook it up with a good Cyrus power amp. to drive my Totem Model 1 Signature Speakers, (which are boxed currently) or any other cheap amp. until I get the quality all in one system,

any inputs in getting a budget old power-amp to mate with my Oppo HA1, I wrote to Oppo and they said that Oppo Pre is neutral and any power amp will match it, and they suggested Emotiva Power amp, but I'm not sure if that will fit my taste.. as I did not hear...

any suggestion would be highly appreciated,

Thanks in advance.
Pramod,

walpurgis
18-12-2016, 21:01
I'd suggest starting a thread in the Blank Canvas area and asking your questions.

I'm sure you get some opinions and ideas.

Audio Al
19-12-2016, 00:36
Hello Bee , don't go buzzing off will you :)

MusicBee
20-12-2016, 13:02
Hello Bee , don't go buzzing off will you :)

Ha Ha Ha, Surely not, I'm here to stay & Learn.

I will post the question in the right area later - Thanks.

Cheers,