PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Bethel, CT, USA

Kolledog
15-12-2016, 11:56
First off, I'll take no responsibility for Don Trump. I didn't vote for the man and find him to be reprehensible.

I listen to old jazz records with old tube amplifiers of which I have way too many.

While I prefer older amplification, I do like modern speakers; my current favorites are Verity Audio Parisifals that I found at an estate sale for an insanely low price.

I've just found a Beard P35 amplifier--the first version with the two rockers on the front--one labeled half-power and the other labeled full-power.

I'm wondering if anyone has a manual for this amp or can tell me the reasoning for the two rockers.

Thanks in advance.

Jefferson Kolle, aka, Kolledog

Cas
15-12-2016, 12:38
Hi Ya

Bethel the place of Woodstock, welcome, looked for the amp on the hifiengine but no luck - http://www.hifiengine.com/

struth
15-12-2016, 13:12
Welcoe Jefferson. Wish you luck on the schematic. Dont see many for beard amps. Dunno why, but a good engineer like jez arkless couldcsort it out. Sure there will be plenty your side of the water too

Arkless Electronics
15-12-2016, 15:14
Welcome. And even more so for not voting for Adolf Trump!!

The only schematics for it are for the MKII which doesn't have the power switches. I've never come across anything like this on a hi fi amplifier but it's quite common on guitar amps where half the output valves are switched off for half power. As the Beard uses 6 per channel this is not applicable here. So whilst I can describe a variety of methods to do it, I don't know which was used in the Beard or why.....
Another possibility, which will at least half the power as a side effect, is if the switch puts it in Triode or Pentode mode. This will mean big changes to the sound depending on which is selected....

The Black Adder
15-12-2016, 15:34
Welcome to AOS, Jefferson.

I just want to play 'White Rabbit' now ... lol :)

No need to apologise RE Trumpo, shit happens so hail The Simpsons for they are the prophets. lol

Enjoy :)
Jo

walpurgis
16-12-2016, 09:30
Hello Jefferson. Welcome to AOS from me too.

I'm sure eventually somebody will come up with an answer about the Beard amp.

You could start a thead in our Blank Canvas section and ask your question.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Spectral Morn
16-12-2016, 13:11
Welcome to AoS Jefferson.

hard1175
16-12-2016, 16:15
[QUOTE=Dalek Supreme D L;814636]Welcome to AoS Jefferson. [/http://www.keith-snook.info/schematics.htm
Try this website for your Beard P35 manual

Regards
Bernie

Kolledog
16-12-2016, 17:33
You didn't recently run for president in the states, did you?
Sorry for your loss. Mine, too.