PDA

View Full Version : Boris Johnson's £1000 stereo systems.

Neil McCauley
14-12-2016, 13:01
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/dec/14/boris-johnsons-unused-water-cannon-were-fitted-with-1000-stereos

prestonchipfryer
14-12-2016, 15:08
'Nowt new about government/council/civil service waste.

puddlesplasher
14-12-2016, 17:30
Cool once they're sold we can start some civil unrest. Then we can complain about selling them.

Macca
14-12-2016, 17:56
'The Guardian has contacted the Met for an explanation of why it decided that they required stereos with CD players'

So the cops could listen to their CDs whilst sitting around waiting for action? Hardly a mystery, is it? I know the Grauniad is badly out of touch but perhaps someone should tell them that CD players have not been luxury items for at least a quarter of a century.

Arkless Electronics
14-12-2016, 18:13
'The Guardian has contacted the Met for an explanation of why it decided that they required stereos with CD players'

So the cops could listen to their CDs whilst sitting around waiting for action? Hardly a mystery, is it? I know the Grauniad is badly out of touch but perhaps someone should tell them that CD players have not been luxury items for at least a quarter of a century.

It's the only paper worth reading! Whereas I seriously believe the daily heil should be banned.... yes seriously! What's the point of having laws banning incitement to religious or racial hatred if they are not enforced?? They had to ban its use as a fish and chips wrapping as it made the food taste of bile :D

RichB
14-12-2016, 18:28
'Nowt new about government/council/civil service waste.

Please don't tar us all with the brush Boris so rightly deserves. Fortunately for the tax payer, government, councils and civil service are, by and large, populated by honest and hard working people who live in the communities they serve. They hate waste, vanity projects and corruption as much as, if not more than, the next man.

Macca
14-12-2016, 18:31
No, none of the newspapers are worth reading anymore.

I used to rent vehicles to the cops. They were great. They always wanted the big smokers no-one else would hire.

struth
14-12-2016, 18:32
My council is very hot on waste now. one of the better ones I believe. It does annoy me when householders seem to go out of their way to stymie this by a mixture of laziness and sheer obstinacy:steam:

Macca
14-12-2016, 18:46
I'm told the cops are gutted about this, as they had already made a cd compilation to play whilst on duty in the water cannon:

I Predict A Riot
Panic On The Streets Of London
White Riot
Through The Barricades (slowing it down a bit there)
Rubber Bullets
Breaking The Law
Roxanne (well, you have to have a Police song in there somewhere).

Arkless Electronics
14-12-2016, 19:20
Nah it's probably to play "Ride of the Valkyries" at full volume as they attack the proles...