PDA

View Full Version : Hi From both Dorset and the Charente

Ward
13-12-2016, 12:06
Hi all, and yes my first name really is Ward.
From the title you should guess that I spend time in the UK and in France, I'm lucky enough to have different systems at both locations.
The UK system comprises: an Origin Live Resolution classic II with Illustrious Mk3 arm and VdH modified Benz Micro MC3 cartridge, EAR 834P and Graham Slee elevator; an EAR Acute CD; BAT VK5i pre and EAR 509 mkII power amps driving Quad 2905; there is also a Stax 4040 signature headphone system.
The French system is an HP laptop into a Jolida Glass II DAC; an Audio Note CD3 an EAR V20 driving Tannoy Turnberry SE (sat on RFC designed solid Walnut stands) and a pair of Audio Smile super tweeters. The headphones system is a Pure sound HP8 and Hifiman HE500.
Musical tastes are extremely wide ranging and varied but do have an especial liking for blues.
The next planned evolution in the French system is to add a turntable when the right thing turns up

I've been a member on the Wigwam for a number of years under the same user name but feel the spirit over there is changing so fancied trying somewhere a bit different.

Firebottle
13-12-2016, 13:00
Hi Ward, good to have you here, you have some very tasty kit. Also good taste for blues.

:thumbsup:

walpurgis
13-12-2016, 20:00
Hello Ward. Welcome to AOS.

That's a nice selection of equipment you've chosen.

Apart from a turntable do you have any further plans for your Hi-Fi?

Take a look around the site, you'll find plenty to inerest you.

Feel free to join in any chat that appeals.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Ward
14-12-2016, 17:01
Thanks for the warm welcome,

During this year I made the change in amplification in the UK system, which previously was powered by a pair of TT Genesis signature with a modified TT Prophet pre.

I do have a third system to call on though this is currently on long term loan to my eldest son and comprises a Pink triangle 1 with an OL modified RB300 and early bluepoint special, an Audio Note Oto SE a M2Tech Young DAC and a recently purchased M2tech Joplin ADC, all playing through a pair of LV Avatar IIs. My son has decided he wants the pink hence the plan to look for a second deck and phono stage for the France system.

The long term plan is to use the Joplin to archive my record collection, but that is a project i am saving up for my retirement a few years hence.