PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Norfolk, UK

zykling
12-12-2016, 22:36
Hi folks

I'm Steve. I hail from Norfolk, in the UK.

My system is geared towards getting the best out of digital. Its been many years since I bought any vinyl.
Musical tastes? Mainly prog rock through I also like some stuff from bands like U2, Evanescence, The Allman Brothers, Led Zeppelin, AC-DC, Metallica and also Windham Hill type stuff too. So a bit eclectic in taste.
The system is a Logitech Squeezebox Touch into a Beresford Caiman II DAC, Rega Brio-R amplifier into Rega R3 floor standers. The music is fed from a Synology NAS though I still have to rip (FLAC) a lot more of my CDs yet. I also have a pair of Stax Basic electrostatic ear speaker/headphones with the energiser connected into the Rega's tape output. I've recently been experimenting with a Raspberry Pi 3 with HifiBerry Digi+ as a backup to the Touch. I also have a Trichord Fusion multi-format disk player (based on a Pioneer DV565).

Interests - cycling, walking, skiing.

walpurgis
12-12-2016, 22:52
Hello Steve. Welcome to AOS.

There's plenty of interest in digital here, take a look through the Digital Expressions section.

If you have further plans for your system, we'd like to hear about them.

Feel free to join in any chat that interests you. The members are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
12-12-2016, 22:54
welcome Steve. . Enjoy the forum.:cool:

zykling
12-12-2016, 23:04
Hello Steve. Welcome to AOS.

There's plenty of interest in digital here, take a look through the Digital Expressions section.

If you have further plans for your system, we'd like to hear about them.

Feel free to join in any chat that interests you. The members are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.
Thanks folks

I found the AoS forum when searching for information on DACs, a couple of years ago. I bought the Stan DAC after reading such a lot of positive posts about it on here. :)

Spectral Morn
12-12-2016, 23:19
Welcome Steve to AoS

walpurgis
12-12-2016, 23:22
Thanks folks

I found the AoS forum when searching for information on DACs, a couple of years ago. I bought the Stan DAC after reading such a lot of positive posts about it on here. :)

Stan is a good bloke, helpful and with the personal touch. Plenty of happy Beresford customers out there.

zykling
12-12-2016, 23:57
Welcome Steve to AoS
Thanks Neil. :)

British high fidelity
13-12-2016, 00:13
Welcome brother Steve

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

zykling
13-12-2016, 22:17
Welcome brother Steve

:)