PDA

View Full Version : Gday from Adelaide Australia !

Fanj
12-12-2016, 10:21
Hey all !
Just posting a hello from me!
Well been into vinyl for quite some time in the dj/mixing way but have been buying and upgrading my bit and pieces for the last 5 or 6 years.
Not so much buying 12" anymore but more classic rock/soul,disco & boogie/new wave/punk/metal/techno/classical anything that I think will sound nice..
As far as sound goes at home am using Technics1210mk2's with Isonoe feet and boots that have been done with the Timestep external power supplies,Sound hifi open-cell silicone foam mat and as I still mix using the Grado dj200i...
My amp is a NAD C272 2 channel connecting with VAF Dc-X
Now as I said I have been into mixing as my mixer I have the renowned rotary Bozak Cma Dla which has been sent to Justin at Isonoe who has completely upgraded it
and has an external power supply fitted...
http://www.isonoe.com/products/linear-regulated-power-supply/
Only thing that gets me is the limited stores we have here and paying for all the good stuff for shipping!
Have been thinking of upgrading whatever I can without having to start again which is why I love reading these forums !
Some of you guys are full on !! :eek: and I love that ! :)
cheers again

walpurgis
12-12-2016, 10:29
Hi Ange. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what you hope to end up with once you've upgraded everything in your system.

If you want info on the Technics turntables, you've come to the right place. The Techiepedia sub forum has mountains of useful tips.

Feel free to join in any chat that appeals to you. The members are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Fanj
12-12-2016, 10:36
cheers Geoff,
Yes have been busy reading up there for sure...I guess I want the best of both worlds as I have a nice sounding set up for djing but am looking at making it better sounding "listening" experience
which is why I have just ordered the D-110 and now am shaking my head with the list of headshell I want to buy..(but will post a query for that soon)
Also maybe looking at improving the headshells from the standard Technics which am using the Grados for if that will improve the sound any...am really open to peoples suggestions.:)

jollyfix
12-12-2016, 10:39
Hi Ange, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.

walpurgis
12-12-2016, 10:39
cheers Geoff,
Yes have been busy reading up there for sure...I guess I want the best of both worlds as I have a nice sounding set up for djing but am looking at making it better sounding "listening" experience
which is why I have just ordered the D-110 and now am shaking my head with the list of headshell I want to buy..(but will post a query for that soon)
Also maybe looking at improving the headshells from the standard Technics which am using the Grados for if that will improve the sound any...am really open to peoples suggestions.:)

Well you've got two choices there. Visit the Techiepedia or the Analogue Arts sections and ask questions about suitable headshells. No doubt many here will have tried all sorts in the Techie arm.

Fanj
12-12-2016, 10:41
Thank you will do am sure will be overwhelmed with responses..:lol: