PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Brisbane

Strangelove
10-12-2016, 11:30
Hi,
I'm a music lover from Brisbane, Australia. I grew up in the UK during the 60s, being exposed to life changing cultural experiences I would not trade for anything. My taste has since branched out into a wide range of cultural arenas, and I currently enjoy everything from punk to Schubert and Satie.

Electronics has been a lifetime hobby, and I have inevitably branched off into building my own audio equipment, which is mainly valve orientated. This hasn't stopped me from collecting a wide array of commercial equipment indicative of acquistional OCD problem. To cut a (very) long story short:

Main system:
Naim CD5X
JVC QL-F6, Linn Sondek, Dual CS701
Audio Research Vsi60 integrated
Homebuilt 307A single ended
Various homebuilt valve preamps
King Rex preamp
JBL 4412A
Klipsch Quartet
Acoustic Energy AE1
Quad 12L Active

Bedroom
Sony CDP 761E
Exposure XX super
Exposure XV
Totem Arro
Linn Unik

Ultimately, my music collection is my most valued possession. Gear is secondary.

struth
10-12-2016, 11:32
Hi Paul, welcome to the site. Take it you learned to love the bomb then :eyebrows: youve a nice collection of stuff, although not heard of it all.

jollyfix
10-12-2016, 11:39
Ultimately, my music collection is my most valued possession. Gear is secondary.
Same here Paul, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum, and would be great to see some 'pics' of your home built gear.

walpurgis
11-12-2016, 23:24
Hello Paul. Welcome to AOS.

That's an interesting selection of equipment you have there. Love the little KingRex pre-amp, an unsung hero, well here anyway.

Take a look around the site, you'll find plenty of interesting stuff.

Feel free to join in any chat, the members are friendly.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.