PDA

View Full Version : Hi new rega system builder from Edinburgh

Grange
07-12-2016, 22:29
Hi thanks for welcoming me to the forum. I am building a new system around a newly acquired Rega P6. Any advice about a good match in amplifier and cartridge would be appreciated.

I would be interested in hearing about any good Rega amps out there for sale too!

Thanks

Martin

walpurgis
07-12-2016, 22:39
Hello Martin. Welcome to AOS.

Do you have any other equipment apart from the P6? An obvious choice for your turntable would be a Rega cartridge, they're decent enough. As for an amplifier, that would depend largely on your choice of speakers. You may want to pick those first.

Have a look around the site, you'll find that every aspect of Hi-Fi is covered. If you have more questions, find the appropriate area and ask away. There's plenty of advice and opinion to be had.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

RichB
07-12-2016, 22:43
There was a few Rega amps came up for sale not long ago. Decent second hand buys.

Keep your eyes on the private exhibitions thread and maybe put up a wanted ad when you've decided what you're in for.

Lots of other lovely amp choices too though ;)

brian2957
08-12-2016, 07:05
Welcome to the forum Martin . The Rega Brio R is a very good amp with a decent built-in MM phono stage . If your budget is higher have a look at their Elex R .
These speakers are also a bit of a bargain , and Rich the seller is a real gent http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?47891-FS-Rega-RS5-loudspeakers-in-Cherry&highlight=rega+rs5

struth
08-12-2016, 09:20
Welcome Martin:)

hifi_dave
08-12-2016, 10:24
Welcome Martin, to the friendly forum.

The obvious choice is a Rega cartridge and amp, depending on your budget. A Rega system works very well and trouble free.

I do, from time to time, have lightly used demo or display stock, so when you are ready, it's worth an e-mail.

Grange
08-12-2016, 20:15
Thanks for all the good and friendly advice. Both of the Rega amps sounds interesting and if I can get a a used Elex R in good condition that sounds like the one to go for... I'll try that first with a wanted notice.

Martin

archiesdad
08-12-2016, 21:38
Hi and welcome Martin, sure you'll fit in here, couple of places in Edinburgh that you might find/get to hear some Rega stuff to get an idea. regards Martin(too).:)