PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Merseyside Nube hear

Broad2020
07-12-2016, 17:55
Hi all thank you for letting me join your forum,

My name is Neil and I have just got back into vinyl :lol:

Very small system Turntable: Technics SL 1200 Mk2 no mods.

Amp Sherwood RX 4010R,

Speakers Eltax Monitor III,

I would appreciate any Advice.

Neil

Macca
07-12-2016, 18:20
Hi Neil welcome to the forum.

What were you after advice about? If it is the Technics start a thread in 'The Techipedia' section, amongst the people on here I think every possible modification and combination of arms and cartridge have ben tried so you will get a lot of help.

I'm from Garston, originally btw, literally across the water from you.

Broad2020
07-12-2016, 18:28
Thanks for the info I will have a look at that thread.

As I said complete novice do I need a better amp, do I need a better tone arm as the Technics is I think you call it stock.

Neil

oldius
07-12-2016, 18:39
Geoff from Liverpool says hello.

Zoidburg
07-12-2016, 19:35
Nice to see another liverpool member on here. I would guess that your turntable could survive an amp & speaker upgrade before it needs much doing to it.

Joe
07-12-2016, 20:30
Nice to see another liverpool member on here. I would guess that your turntable could survive an amp & speaker upgrade before it needs much doing to it.

Liverpool?! Birkenhead, pal.

walpurgis
07-12-2016, 22:25
As I said complete novice do I need a better amp, do I need a better tone arm as the Technics is I think you call it stock.

Neil

Hi Neil. Welcome to AOS.

Your questions are all a matter of opinion and scope. If you are happy with what you are using, all well and good. However, there is no system that cannot be changed, usually in the search for an upgrade. It all depends on what you want and expect (and of course the size of your wallet :)).

What is your view of the equipment you have?