PDA

View Full Version : regards form Hungary :)

trane
13-12-2009, 19:12
hi, there, all,
though joined the Forum months ago, i was not aware of the need for introduction - sorry for that. now, as having been politely reminded to do so, hereby some words of me.
i am a field ranger, obsessed with (mainly English :) ) hi-fi for ~28 years (now i am closer to 44...), especially valve gear, notably by audio innovations and croft. i listen mostly to the jazz of the '50-'60s and the prog (e.g. KC) and electronic (e.g. TD) music of the '60-'80s along with some great baroque (e.g. Bach) and contemporary (e.g. Reich) genres - though not afraid of some up-to-date noise (e.g. Antenna) either.
stuff are rega planar 3/denon dl-160, rega apollo 35th anniversary le, meracus intrare (ss, but sounds truly tubey), audio innovations s200, cambridge t-500, rega ela 2000, coincident and vh audio cabling.
hope it's enough for an intro - if interested i am open to questions :)

Rare Bird
13-12-2009, 19:18
Someone mention PROG? :eek:

Welcome trane..

DSJR
13-12-2009, 19:20
Hello again and welcome... It's over 20 years since I visited Hungary and I suspect much has changed since then :) My Hungarian friend passed away last year, so I doubt I'll ever have the chance to venture over again...

Glad you like "our" audio stuff and any fan of KC and TeeDee is a friend of mine :lol: Hows about Klaus Schulze and Redshift?????????

selfaddict
13-12-2009, 21:04
Welcome to the forum Trane from me as well.

Spectral Morn
13-12-2009, 21:43
Thank you and Welcome to AOS.

Regards D S D L

aquapiranha
13-12-2009, 23:46
Hi Trane.

Barry
14-12-2009, 00:37
Welcome to AoS Trane,

Sounds like you have a sufficiently wide taste in music and will fit in well here.

(Some prog too to keep a certain member happy!)

Regards

trane
14-12-2009, 09:42
thanx guys for all welcoming me so warmly :)
to dsjr, sorry for your friend's passing :(
though, here's the new chance to visit our country again :)
of the prog rock stuff, sure that's something. just learned of new trolls and il balletto di bronzo (both italian), cds duly ordered ;) though british classics like KC, Yes, ELP (andre :) ), Mainhorse, Manfred Mann's Chapter 3, Walrus, Colosseum, to name but these, readily spring to mind either :)
of the TD stuff, sure, know Redshift and Schulze, along with Dweller at the Threshold, Free Sytem Projekt, Software, ARC, Neuronium, Michael Hönig, Mauel Göttsching, Konrad Schnitzler, Radio Massacre International, Kubusschnitt et. al. :)

Marco
14-12-2009, 10:09
Hi Trane,

Welcome to AOS - you seem to be settling in nicely.

Is that your real first name, if not what is it? We like to be on first name terms here, my friend :)

Enjoy the forum!

Marco.

Alex_UK
14-12-2009, 13:36
And welcome from me too, Trane. Have fun!

trane
14-12-2009, 18:12
thanks for the newly-welcomers :)

of the name stuff,
no, Trane (as you all may know) was the nickname for the late John Coltrane (pls see my avatar pic) who i adore the most of any known musicians for the spirituality he was able to build his music upon, and for him playing so that it truly (still) shines through when listening to him play it :) all praise to God :)

my real name is Attila (the hun ;) )

Rare Bird
14-12-2009, 18:14
Mainhorse, Manfred Mann's Chapter 3, Walrus, Colosseum

Holy mother of god you'll do for me..;)

Themis
14-12-2009, 18:31
Welcome Attila. ;)