PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Yorkshire

Irondan
03-12-2016, 09:43
Hello chaps

My name is Dan and I live in a town called Holmfirth in West Yorkshire.

I have been lurking for a while and have to admit that much of the content is above my head.

For my 40th early next year I am looking for a whole system upgrade, but at the moment I have only a Sony system from the late 90s early 2000's. I think it might be one of the first generation SACD players.

I am sure many of you can relate when I say that I got my system after buying my first house, kids then come along therefore a second move and then the things you like doing get forgotten about. I am now at the other end of that process with some me time and a load of enthusiasm to get a great new system put together.

walpurgis
03-12-2016, 10:18
Hello Dan. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what you have in mind for a new system and also what music you listen to.

There's a lot of music discussion here as well as Hi-Fi, so you'll find plenty to interest you.

Take a look around the site, you'll see there are sections covering every aspect of Hi-Fi.

The members are friendly, so jump in and ask as many questions as you like.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Irondan
03-12-2016, 11:29
Thank you for the welcome Geoff

Macca
03-12-2016, 12:44
Hi Dan and welcome. Holmfirth has the best deli ever, still think about sometimes. :)

Your early Sony SACD player is probably pretty good, a decent starting point anyway.