PDA

View Full Version : It is Technics, Direct Drive ...

Alex Nikitin
13-12-2009, 01:54
so it should be right for this forum, shouldn't it?

I can add that it is extremely heavy for its size, got a die-cast aluminium alloy front panel and had a price of $500 in 1979 - same, as Sony TC-K81, for example. Yes, and it has a very nice sound too.

;)

Alex

Marco
13-12-2009, 07:53
I presume it's yours, Alex? If so, it's in the right part of the forum :)

It would be nice to see a picture of the rest of your system, too.

Marco.

Themis
13-12-2009, 08:04
And how does it compare to the Nak which is just under it ? :)

Alex Nikitin
13-12-2009, 11:13

On playback (after I've replaced the head with a NOS sendust and corrected the frequency response a bit) it is almost as good as that Nak, and that makes it better than most of my 40+ decks. It is a better playback machine than my other Naks (BX-300 and Cassette Deck 1.5), better than modified Revox B215S, better than Sony TC-K81. Only 3 of my decks have better playback - Aiwa XK-S7000, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1 (pictured) and a modified SONY TC-K870ES. On a recording side it does surprisingly good for a 2-head deck, and I need to compare it side by side with my best recorder (Aiwa XK-S7000) - I'll do it one day :rolleyes: .

It would be nice to see a picture of the rest of your system, too.

Not yet ;) .

Alex

Marco
13-12-2009, 11:14
Tease!! :ner: ;)

Marco.

Themis
13-12-2009, 11:25
On playback (after I've replaced the head with a NOS sendust and corrected the frequency response a bit) it is almost as good as that Nak, and that makes it better than most of my 40+ decks. It is better playback machine than my other Naks (BX-300 and Cassette Deck 1.5), better than modified Revox B215S, better than Sony TC-K81. Only 3 of my decks have better playback - Aiwa XK-S7000, Nakamichi Cassette Deck 1 (pictured) and a modified SONY TC-K870ES. On a recording side it does surprisingly good for a 2-head deck, and I need to compare it side by side with my best recorder (Aiwa XK-S7000) - I'll do it one day :rolleyes: .
Nice. :)
Thanks Alex. ;)

Rare Bird
13-12-2009, 16:17

Those Naks were a total design turnaround for the company.I had the 1.5 Deck (3 Head) & matching CD4 CD player (Think they were Sony Mechs) Were a good set

Alex Nikitin
13-12-2009, 16:46
Those Naks were a total design turnaround for the company.I had the 1.5 Deck (3 Head) & matching CD4 CD player (Think they were Sony Mechs) Were a good set

Not really - the earlier Naks with Sankyo mechanism were BX and CR series. Cassette Deck 1 and 1.5 internally are quite similar to CR-3.

Alex

DSJR
13-12-2009, 18:47
Analogue lovers out there should look out for a Nak OMS-1E CD player cheap. The ones we sold all had to go back to the importer for almost a re-call, but once sorted, they were extremely reliable and sounded amazingly beefy and sweet toned, only giving way when the going got complex and loud (like a Karik without Numerik IMO). They were half the UK £400 price in the US too as I recall. Assuming any still exist in working order, they may still be a good peanuts buy. the OMS-3E was a guudie too as I recall and I owned the brightly lit OMS-7E too with a long gone Marantz DLT-1 matching transformer..

Rare Bird
13-12-2009, 18:56
Not really - the earlier Naks with Sankyo mechanism were BX and CR series. Cassette Deck 1 and 1.5 internally are quite similar to CR-3.

Alex

I was refering to asthetics not technical ;)