PDA

View Full Version : Hi from another Prog fan.

loveoscar
30-11-2016, 16:49
Hello to all you AoSers. My name is Dave and musical taste is varied although no classical or opera in my vinyl or cd racks. My most recent purchase is Nightclubbing by Grace Jones and if you said I'd be buying that 10 years ago I wouldn't believe you. Kit as follows:-

Pink Triangle PT too, Rega 250 (AOed) Lyra Helikon
Project RS cd transport
Calyx 192 dac with Linear power supply
JVC AX 441 amp (purchased as a temp, but still using)
NVA Cube 3's
NVA AP10H with Senn HD700's and PSB M4U's.

Hope to be able to make a few worthwhile inputs having been a lurker on here for sometime.

walpurgis
30-11-2016, 17:01
Hi Dave. Welcome to AOS.

Interesting selection of equipment you have there. The JVC AX-A441 amp is a rare item. I have one too. It's a very good unit with a remarkably decent MM/MC phono stage. Well worth hanging onto.

Tell us what further plans if any you may have for your system.

Feel free to join in any chat that interests you. The members are a friendly bunch.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

loveoscar
30-11-2016, 18:19
Thanks for that Walpugis, the JVC is a recent ebay purchase due to reading sometime ago it had a good phonostage (maybe could have been you) Its not easy to find a cheap intergrated with a good MC stage and I'm really liking the amp. Future plans would most probably go the NVA route but at present funds are tight. The PT was only purchased 9 months ago after selling a well upgraded LP12 and I'm listening to vinyl more now than I did with the Linn.

The Black Adder
30-11-2016, 18:22
Welcome to AOS, David. :)

Whichever path you go down there are lots on here who you can bounce ideas off.

Enjoy :)

walpurgis
30-11-2016, 18:43
Thanks for that Walpugis, the JVC is a recent ebay purchase due to reading sometime ago it had a good phonostage (maybe could have been you) Its not easy to find a cheap intergrated with a good MC stage and I'm really liking the amp. Future plans would most probably go the NVA route but at present funds are tight. The PT was only purchased 9 months ago after selling a well upgraded LP12 and I'm listening to vinyl more now than I did with the Linn.

Yup. That was more than likely me. I don't think it has been mentioned anywhere by anybody else recently.

I'm not surprsed the PT is more involving than the Linn. Never got on with the LP12 myself.

Spectral Morn
30-11-2016, 18:59
Welcome to AoS