PDA

View Full Version : Its official Albums are back in fashion

Paul-H
29-11-2016, 10:24
In the UK we have a German Supermarket chain called ALDI who are known for their low prices and useful gadgets. Went in to mine yesterday and found them selling not only a cheap plastic turntable but had a selection of Albums as well, nothing special, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, and a few compilations at around £6 each, which is a bit better than HMV who are charging £25 for their albums.

Could this be the start of something ? good or bad :eyebrows:

Audio Al
29-11-2016, 11:43
:scratch: Back in fashion :scratch: for some they never went away :)

struth
29-11-2016, 11:47
I saw vinyl being sold in a b&m shop locally. Wasnt anything of interest but i was surprised.

walpurgis
29-11-2016, 12:16
:scratch: Back in fashion :scratch: for some they never went away :)

Never got rid of mine. Always had a decent TT as well.

Spectral Morn
29-11-2016, 12:34
Never got rid of mine. Always had a decent TT as well.

+1

struth
29-11-2016, 17:32
In the UK we have a German Supermarket chain called ALDI who are known for their low prices and useful gadgets. Went in to mine yesterday and found them selling not only a cheap plastic turntable but had a selection of Albums as well, nothing special, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, and a few compilations at around £6 each, which is a bit better than HMV who are charging £25 for their albums.

Could this be the start of something ? good or bad :eyebrows:

Was in Aldi today so had a look. Think they are same as in b&m. Very lightweight. Quite a few had sold though

rigger67
29-11-2016, 18:04
I don't know B&M, but I've also seen the more heavyweight stuff in Tiger, the Danish homeware chain.
Not so cheap : £20 was about average, I think.
I'm sure a lot of people are just buying them as objects of art.

They can't be getting any joy from them on those Crossley things, can they ? :scratch:

Macca
29-11-2016, 18:23
Depends on their frame of reference I guess.

RobbieGong
29-11-2016, 19:01
Never got rid of mine, still kept buying albums as well as cd's even when cd's were all the rage.
In fact I now have loads of duplicate albums where I've replaced slightly tired originals with originals in top order ;)

Truckletheuncivil
29-11-2016, 22:10
I don't know B&M, but I've also seen the more heavyweight stuff in Tiger, the Danish homeware chain.
Not so cheap : £20 was about average, I think.
I'm sure a lot of people are just buying them as objects of art.

They can't be getting any joy from them on those Crossley things, can they ? :scratch:

I read somewhere that it is now common for people to buy records as they look good but they don't actually play them - they just use the download code. I suppose this could explain the number of crap pressings if the record companies think most of them won't ever be played

glenann
30-11-2016, 08:38
Morrisons had a few left from their Black Friday deal. I picked up the 180g double vinyl Paul Simon 'best of' for £8.00. Thought that was pretty good. They'd had some other stuff too ranging from £6 upwards, pity I missed them!