PDA

View Full Version : D.D. Turntable Wanted.

mikegreenwood
27-11-2016, 17:39
Having amassed a few cartridges I'm looking for a Turntable the likes of the 70s style with SME fit head shell.
Reason is I need something to try cartridges out now and in the future. Interchangeable head shells would be an advantage. Make not so important but the more respectable the better. It needs to be presentable as the other half would soon let me know if I put something out that looks like the cat has dragged it in.
Postage would only increase the budget so something to pick up in the N/E would be ideal.
I have a very nice Revolver T/T but it has a Linn arm and it would be a shame to butcher it. It's too good.
Belt drive is not out of the equation but DD would be more maintenance free.

walpurgis
27-11-2016, 17:58
Alternatively, you could put a Linn LV-V arm straight onto your Revolver Michael. It is a directly interchangeable item that drops straight into the existing mounting hole and has the SME type headshell. It's an easy job and would save a lot of messing around and expense. The going price for a good used LV-V is around £100.

Here's a picture of the LV-V.

http://i63.tinypic.com/1t3152.jpg

mikegreenwood
27-11-2016, 18:10
Yes that is correct and thanks for the reply. However having had a few LVV through my hands nearly all had slack bearings.