PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

MajikMoo
27-11-2016, 15:49
Hi everyone! I am Jayne, I live in Peebles in the beautiful Scottish Borders. I am just getting back into my hi-fi after a ten year break (if I can call it that?!) Just out of storage are my Naim Nait 3 and CD3.5. I've just built a paid of HB1s from Wilmslow Audio and am currently waiting on my new Rega Planar arriving (if I can justify it...or get it 'passed' by the other half!) :D I love all music - from Rock and Metal to Trance and Classical!

walpurgis
27-11-2016, 16:09
Hello Jayne. Welcome to AOS.

Why did you have a ten year break from Hi-Fi?

If you have pictures of your HB1 speakers, they would be welcome in our Gallery.

Tell us what other plans you may have for your system.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

MajikMoo
27-11-2016, 16:19
Thanks Geoff!
We moved from England to Scotland to a very tiny flat - had my hifi set up (at the time with Linn Index speakers) but sadly my amp decided to blow on me. Not long after we had another big house move to the Borders, my hi-fi was boxed up and never made it back to Naim, I got into mountain biking...it took over my life, then we got married, had kids, set up my business and my hi-fi just got forgotten about!! Now the kids are a bit older, we have a bit more space and it is time for me to start doing things for myself again :D So, project hi-fi is in operation. Had the amp serviced and fixed by Les W @ Avondale..the CD probably needs an upgrade but I'm stuck on where to take it as nobody seems to want the worry of posting. So dont know what to do there. I'm currently looking at speaker stands - and will definitely post proper pix once they're sorted and the speakers are proudly sitting on them! My plan is to start getting back into vinyl a bit - never owned a deck (my dad was always the one with the amazing hi-fi, valve amps etc, etc) but I am reading very good stuff about the RPs. Wasn't sure on whether to get an original or to go for one of the new ones.

jollyfix
27-11-2016, 16:55
Hi Jayne, welcome to AOS. Enjoy the forum.

struth
29-11-2016, 10:04
Welcome to AoS Jane. Hope you enjoy site. Nice spot Peebles

MajikMoo
29-11-2016, 10:12
Thanks everyone :D

Spectral Morn
29-11-2016, 11:21
Welcome to AoS Jayne.

I hope you enjoy the forum.

Audio Al
29-11-2016, 11:39