PDA

View Full Version : Hi people's

Lagavulin
20-11-2016, 09:50
Just a quick introduction really to fellow obsessives ....

Enjoyed music all my life really and found it impossible to resist shiny new toys to make the experience all the more real (whatever that is). In reality I think I'm just a collector of kit like so many others.

Live in Knaresborough, a small town in North Yorkshire, a bit sleepy but picturesque all the same and bloody cold today.

So here's a list of kit that I currently use, sorry hoard - can't really say I have a main system as I tend to listen to it all at some time or another, but I do have too many turntables -

Lenco L59 and Heed Questar into a MF Tri-Vista amp driving a pair of SF Guarneri Memento speakers with a MF CD player doing the digital stuff. Several Thorens turntables doing support duties or substituting the Lenco at times straight into the Tri-Vistas phono input.

Pioneer 868 DVD player and Arcam DAC into Roksan Caspian M2 amp driving a pair of Harbeth PS3ER speakers.

Sony 3000CD player into AVI S21 Laboratory Amp driving a pair of Madison kit speakers.

Thorens turntable into a Naim NAC 42.5, Hi-Cap, NAP 140 driving KEF RDM1 speakers and another pair of RDM1's at the end of a TEAC 600 reference Amp and CD player .....

As you can see a right mishmash of kit garnered over the years and all solid state - I have a hankering to try some tubes but none of my speakers are sensitive enough to do justice to a low powered amp but I think I will go down that road at some point.

Well I think that's more than enough from me and thanks for taking the time to read.

Best wishes
George

Macca
20-11-2016, 11:33
Hi George.

Great collection of kit you have there. Must have a big house :) What sort music do you use it for?

Lagavulin
20-11-2016, 13:04
Hi George.

Great collection of kit you have there. Must have a big house :) What sort music do you use it for?

Hi Martin,

I just have it in every room :-)

I have a broad church approach - popular, jazz, a bit of classical. I enjoy female vocals, acoustic, piano and trio's then throw in a bit of tamla and soul. Not a fan of rap or house but that's because of my age and the times I grew up in I guess.
One minute it will be Hue and Cry, the Eagles or London Grammar, next it will be Patricia Barber or Sade, then it will be Ashkenazy or the Arman Trio - so fairly mixed.

George

walpurgis
20-11-2016, 16:54
Hello George. Welcome to AOS.

Interesting selection of gear you have there. A lot of options.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Feel free to join in the chat.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Spectral Morn
20-11-2016, 20:22
Welcome to AoS

Maikel
24-11-2016, 12:29
Welcome to AoS and sweet setup. Must sound gorgeous with your SF.
Nice taste of whiskey too ;)

Floyddroid
25-11-2016, 08:06
Hi George. Welcome. That's a lovely place to live. Enjoy it here.

Barry
27-11-2016, 00:55
Welcome to AoS George.

Lagavulin - one of my favourite tipples! One can never have too much audio gear, though my girlfriend doesn't share my sentiments!

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

Lagavulin
28-11-2016, 22:43
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes my favourite malt ...... but an acquired taste I guess :-)