PDA

View Full Version : My little system

no1livz4ever
17-11-2016, 18:47
Hello everyone.
My name is Miljen, and my little system consists of:
1) Technics 1210MK2, slightly modified with Micro Seiki MA701 tonearm, fixed custom CNC aluminium headshell, and Cardas tonearm wires from cartridge to DIN connector. I've recently bought Transfi Reso-mat, and taken off pitch control and light. Current cartridge is Ortofon MC15 Super II, but it is old and not sounding very good, so I've ordered Nagaoka MP110.
2) Pro-Ject PhonoBox II USB. It's really the worst part of the system, and I'm selling it in order to buy something better, but not expensive (thinking of Schiit Mani for 129$).
3) NaimUniti. Not much to say here.
4) Dynaudio Contour 1.3 with custom speaker stands filled with sand.

Cabling include Micro Seiki DIN to RCA tonearm wire, Mogami 2803 with Neutrik Pro RCA from ProJect to Naim, and Linn K20 2x4m as speaker cables.

Naim also receives digital signals from Sony BluRay BDP S790, and Apple TV, and I have an old laptop with Linux Plex music server on it, streaming FLAC to Naim via wired home network.

But, turntable is my gear of choice regarding more serious listening of music.
Best regards from me, and hope to enjoy my time on this forum.
Miljen

walpurgis
18-11-2016, 09:47
Hi Miljen. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what music you listen to and what plans if any you may have for your system.

Feel free to join in the chat here and ask any questions you may have.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

no1livz4ever
18-11-2016, 10:20
Regarding music, I listen to anything I like, to be honest. Pink Floyd, The Doors, The Cure, Peter Gabriel, Talking Heads ... but then, I like also old rnb ... Al Green, Isaac Hayes, Barry White.
I plan to upgrade my Techie a little (feet maybe, external PSU), maybe add wooden sides, paint a plinth and platter. I would also like to buy NAIM power amp and to connect it to Uniti (NAP 200 or 155xs). I know that adding a Powerline would be beneficiarz, but that is too much expensive for me. I really like Dynaudio sound, so to change speakers it would take something really special ... :). Maybe try Klotz MC5000 cable ...

struth
18-11-2016, 10:29
Welcome to the site Miljen. Hope you enjoy it

walpurgis
18-11-2016, 10:33
There are members with experience of the changes you have in mind.

I suggest you take a look around the forum and find the appropriate sections, then ask some questions. I'm sure you'll get opinions and advice.

'Techiepedia' for Technics questions: http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?46-The-Techiepedia

'Blank Canvas' for Naim and speaker questions: http://theartofsound.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?16-Blank-Canvas

no1livz4ever
18-11-2016, 12:10
Thank you both very much!

Spectral Morn
18-11-2016, 15:02
Welcome to AoS :)

Barry
19-11-2016, 00:52
Welcome to AoS Miljen,

Enjoy the Forum
Barry