PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

CycloPath
17-11-2016, 17:47
My name is Mark and I have always had a love of Hi-Fi. (I sound like someone standing up at an AA meeting!:lol:)

My current system is Linn LP12 Lingo/Ekos/Troika running through a Naim 32.5 and twin NAP 135s driving Linn Isobariks. (I did have a Yamaha CD player but that died some time ago.)

The trouble is the whole lot has been in boxes for the best part of ten years and I'm just now thinking of getting "back in to it" in a new room, with a more pragmatic digital and video emphasis. I've also always been interested in DIY stuff although haven't done much of this.

I therefore need to learn about MP3, streaming through my laptop, DACs AV amp setups etc etc and to see if I can get stuff that will work with my old stuff or whether I need to move on completely.

Cheers.

struth
17-11-2016, 18:04
Welcome mark. Mp3...learn not to use it if you can avoid it, and if not then 320kb sounds best for me. If your streaming your own music then go lossless like flac or others. Plenty streaming options to suit all pockets and tastes i guess.. raspberry pi being one of the cheaper options. Very good though

Spectral Morn
17-11-2016, 18:06
Welcome to AoS Mark

walpurgis
18-11-2016, 09:43
Hello Mark. Welcome to AOS.

No good having your Hi-Fi in boxes. Set it up and use it.

There are plenty of members streaming musi, take a look through the Digital Expressions section.

Please join in the chat and ask any questions you may have.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Barry
26-11-2016, 21:57
Welcome to AoS Mark.

We have many members here who are downloading and streaming audio. If you have any questions, just ask away - I'm sure someone will come along to help you.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

Audio Al
26-11-2016, 22:04
Hello