PDA

View Full Version : there is hope

Gordon Steadman
13-11-2016, 08:35
Sunday mornings is coffee, croissants and music.

I've just been listening to I Musici 6th Brandenburg and James Rhodes Busoni/Bach Chaconne in D minor.

The fact that there are/have been people who can write and play such music, gives me hope that mankind may have something worthwhile to offer in this Trump/Farage world after all.

Probably a lost cause now but I can live in hope.

narabdela
14-11-2016, 15:14
there is hope

I envy you your optimism.

Personally, I think we're all f*cked now. :(

struth
14-11-2016, 15:22
The world and mankind has got past bigger human disasters than those 2. How many politicians actually go though with their manifestos anyway? Not feckin many. Youd be surprised how little power a pres has overall ever with both houses. The Yanks dont suffer f..... no skip that bit:lol:

struth
14-11-2016, 16:18
Funnily, or perhaps oddly, the chances of any president not having an attempt on his life is very small... with lb johnston being the only. Quite a few have succeeded too. He has many enemies already so dont fancy his chances tbh

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-chances-Donald-Trump-is-assassinated-in-office-if-he-were-to-become-president

Sadly its not a new thing in usa.

walpurgis
14-11-2016, 16:27
Nothing wrong with the odd well placed assassination. The trouble is getting away with it! :lol: (as those who tried to bump Hitler off found :eek:)

struth
14-11-2016, 16:44
Guess he has old age related problems too. I see dementia is now the biggest killer in uk. Hes over 70 so may well be medically nuts lol. Also at 270 odd pounds, his heart must be struggling a bit. All that stress, and ducking every time a car backfires, could get to him.
Sure plenty will avoid his businesses too, .... you wonder why he bothered? Must have been ego i guess

Pierre De Grenoble
15-11-2016, 18:28
Probably thinks his surname is Kennedy (Yeah I know it's the wrong party) and he's founding a political dynasty instead of a 3rd rate soap opera.. :mental: