PDA

View Full Version : wanted. beogram cd3500 cd player

smithie
12-11-2016, 18:07
hi all
im after a very good example of a bang&olufson beogram cd3500 if anyone has one for sale.
looking to pay around £100 + postage,maybe alittle more for the right example.
always lusted after one back in the day,but to expensive then,but its on my bucket list to do and try,hence my request:)

regards
smithie

smithie
13-11-2016, 19:11
all sorted
got a beogram cd4500 winging its way to me:)

regards
smithie

Macca
13-11-2016, 19:26
I have a 6500

http://beocentral.com/beogramcd6500

It was good, for as long as it was working.

smithie
13-11-2016, 22:57
macca
whats up with it,any chance of fixing.
the only real worry with the cd3500/4500,like any of the old philips transports is if laser/mech fails.
had so many cd transports and cd players since they first came out that im at the point where style and operation is my main concern with them now,plus cd isnt my main source,and ive always lusted after these.
had some of the finest tda1541 players going,all great sounding in there day,as they are to day in some ways,but ill probably be using this through my teac dac,so will be resigned to transport duties mostly:cool:
thats a nice player by the way,im just trying to get away from the box type look that alot of hifi seems to come in.

Macca
13-11-2016, 23:08
Not sure what is up with it, it had already been fixed once when I got it. Laser and mech are fine. It is something in the gubbins that has blown.

smithie
13-11-2016, 23:20
in some ways,that could be a good thing out of a bad deal macca
im sliding off to bed now,but if i get a chance tomorrow ill have a read up on yours and see if we can work out what it may be...never looked at that type before...
does it still power up,if so whats it doing/or not doing?
regards
smithie

Macca
13-11-2016, 23:31
I've not tried it since it went bang. And it did go bang although no magic smoke came out.

I have a lot of broken CD players, I'd forgot all about it until you posted this thread. I'll dig it out tomorrow and see what the story is.