PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Mel

Cycleallday
12-11-2016, 14:18
Hi all,

Been into Hifi for over 40 years and have tried many combinations in that time.

I now have more sense than money so my current setups are all likely to be keepers and are based on

Lounge: Cyrus and Spendor speakers

Garden room (fancy name for a conservatory with a solid roof !): Naim with PMC speakers and Rega deck

Office: Meridian with Falcon BBC LS3/5a speakers used near-field as they were designed and sounding great playing from a Meridian DAC/Mac mini/Synology NAS.

Music room:
(well after 40 years I finally overcame the wifes argument against having a dedicated room for my favorite pastime)

Quad Classic integrated with World Design WD25TXL speakers fed from either Michell Orbe deck with SME V arm/Ortofon mc or Bluesound node.

Now just starting to play with the Raspberry Pi as a source as its a nice cheap option !

Mel

Audio Al
12-11-2016, 15:17
Hi Mel

Welcome to the AOS Home for old fogees who like music / hifi :)

Varied equipment you have and spoilt for choice , Do you have a " In the loo system " :D

walpurgis
12-11-2016, 16:10
Hello Mel. Welcome to AOS.

Another veteran Hi-Fi buff I see. There's a few of us here.

Nice variety of equipment you have. Good to have a dedicated room too.

Take a look around the site. I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you.

Feel free to join in any chat that appeals to you.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
12-11-2016, 16:34
Welcome Mel. Lots of nice stuff...enjoy the forum:)

Cycleallday
13-11-2016, 10:07
Thanks for the welcome - there is a bit of a bias towards UK kit in my collection with only the Chinese built Quad being the real odd one out. It was originally planned to be a World Design KT88 and I even bought the kit. However, I happened across the Quad at a great price and it sounded as good as the reviews I had read so I bought it to fill the gap till I got round to building the KT88. After about 10 years I concluded I was never going to build the kit so I sold it last year and the Quad now stays - at least it was a UK company at one time ;-)

Regarding the loo system Al - What do you think the Pi is for :lol:

Mel

Puffin
13-11-2016, 11:05
Hi Mel, Cycleallday...sound like a man after my own heart. Cycling and hifi...what else does a man need!

I built my own room in half our double garage about 6 years ago...mess?....what mess?

I am in the 3 Counties area on the borders of Surrey/Hants/W.Sussex. Whereabouts are you?

Welcome, Rob.

Cycleallday
13-11-2016, 13:08
A bit further west in Andover.

The cycling has got much easier as I have got older - my Brompton now does 25mph without even pedalling !

Puffin
13-11-2016, 13:14
Living where I do I cannot avoid hills, so I have had to embrace them. If I do a ride without any I feel cheated:lol:

Barry
26-11-2016, 23:02
Welcome to AoS Mel,

What do you listen to when you're cycling "all day"? :lol:

Clearly a fan of UK made audio gear (the Quad excepted, though it was, I believe, designed in the UK) :) You are fortunate to have dedicated listening room. What are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
Barry