PDA

View Full Version : Hello, music lovers

ambarvalia
10-11-2016, 21:48
Hi everyone,

I grew up in Japan, moved to Canada and became a citizen there, and now work in the Boston area in the US. Haven't had much time or money to invest in audio but am passionate about listening to music. So I have some old equipment: Energy Pro 22 speakers, Arcam Alpha 7R, etc. Then 2 years ago I bought a Rega RP3 to replace a wobbly Pro-ject. It opened up a new vista in listening. I upgraded with Groove Tracer stuff. Recently I bought an Icon Audio PS2 MM phono amplifier. Wow. I think I'm getting addicted to this never-ending pursuit of better sound, to my wife's dismay. It is fun to think about where to go from here. What should I upgrade next? I think I should replace Rega Elys 2 soon. Should I go for Exact 2? or something like Nagaoka? I love listening to music while reading the novelist Haruki Murakami's writings on music, which have been only available in Japanese. But he just sent me (we are good friends) his newly translated book "Absolutely on Music: Conversations with Seiji Ozawa." This is an amazing book if you are a music lover. Highly recommended.

struth
10-11-2016, 21:52
Hi Hosea; welcome to AoS. Sounds like you are doing very well in the upgrade path. Sure if you open a thread in Analogue art re a cart some fellows will give you plenty opinions :)

walpurgis
11-11-2016, 10:24
Hello Hosea. Welcome to AOS.

This the place to discuss your ideas about Hi-Fi. We have many members with great knowledge.

I'm glad you enjoy your music, because that is the main aim obviously.

Take a look around the site, I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you and please join in any chat that appeals to you.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Puffin
11-11-2016, 18:41
Hi Hosea, I can feel your enthusiasm from what you have written. Sometimes it is easy to get cynical as you spend years trying to achieve what you think is the ultimate goal. Post some pics of your system for us all to see.

Barry
26-11-2016, 22:33
Welcome to AoS Hosea.

Nice introduction, I'm sure you will get plenty of advice from members on how to spend you money! :lol: Seriously though, just ask away: we have a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful members here.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry