PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Lisboa

SantanaCorreia
05-11-2016, 18:04
Hello everyone,

I come from Lisboa in Portugal. I found this forum while searching online for audio advice.

Really donīt consider myself an audiophile. I am just looking for the best way to enjoy the music I love. I listen to a lot, from Fado to Indie pop, rock and all those styles that are hard to define (maybe that is the beauty of it).

My setup is very basic and came mostly from 2nd han deals and I have for sure much more money spent in portable audio gear that in everything else, apart from music.

What I have nowadays is:
Denon Tuner
Audiolab 8000 amp
Pioneer Turntable
Cambridge Audio CD player
Yamaha ns333 speakers

I will not talk about the portable gear ;)

BR,
LC

walpurgis
05-11-2016, 18:34
Hi Luis. Welcome to AOS.

The word 'audiophile' is over used and means little really. All you need is to be somebody who enjoys their sounds. It doesn't matter what equipment you use as long as you like it.

Tell us if you have any plans in mind for your system.

Take a look around the site, there plenty going on. And feel free to join in any chat that appeals to you.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

The Black Adder
05-11-2016, 19:22
Hello Luis.

Welcome to AOS... Hope you enjoy! :)

Jo

Spectral Morn
05-11-2016, 21:04
Welcome to AoS :)

SantanaCorreia
06-11-2016, 09:50
Hi Luis. Welcome to AOS.

The word 'audiophile' is over used and means little really. All you need is to be somebody who enjoys their sounds. It doesn't matter what equipment you use as long as you like it.

Tell us if you have any plans in mind for your system.

Take a look around the site, there plenty going on. And feel free to join in any chat that appeals to you.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.
Dear Geoff,

Thank you for the welcome.

I hope I can contribute with, at least, my opinion in the forum.

My next move regarding my system will be to find a digital source and upgrade the speakers.

I now connect the ipod directly to the amp and I dont like how it sounds.

For the digital options are:
Old laptop converted into desktop + usb dac

Mac mini 2nd hand + usb dac

RBPi + Dac

RBPi + external dac

For the speakers I have nothing in mind.

ReggieB
06-11-2016, 16:42
Lisboa - lovely part of the world. I was there again a couple of weeks ago.

SantanaCorreia
06-11-2016, 17:01
Lisboa - lovely part of the world. I was there again a couple of weeks ago.
:)

Im glad you enjoyed my country.

Barry
18-11-2016, 23:55
Welcome to AoS Luis,

Yes, the word 'audiophile' is not really liked here (most so-called audiophiles are 'audiofools' in my opinion). All we are interested in is someone who is a music lover and is happy to talk about music. The gear is only a means to an end, Though should you you have any questions you only need ask; we have many knowledgeable members here who will be more than willing to help you.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry