PDA

View Full Version : However You Want It

Rare Bird
08-12-2009, 01:44
Does the way you listern to music govern your format preference?

This is yours truly as an avid headphone user..When i used to be seriously into Vinyl i never used to use headphones as i found i couldnt get sprawled out with headphone before the side finished..Now i primarily use CD & more so FLAC files, i find i can relax to music more without getting off my arse as much, i find i can see further into a recording thru cans anyway!..Anyone feel the same?

My reasons for switching to digital are many but thats for another topic.

The Vinyl Adventure
08-12-2009, 01:51
For sure, im a lazy fecker so I prefer to get my self comfy and not have to move once I start listening!
I find hav different listening habbits depending on mood, sometime I like to sit and listen to whole albums, but at times I like making playlists for my self! Playlist mood def requires flac

Rare Bird
08-12-2009, 01:53
Great thing about Files is you can listern to a triple album all in one go..

Alex_UK
08-12-2009, 11:57
Yet to go lossless, so I mainly play CDs, although I use Spotify a fair bit on 320kbps through 'phones - I would love to listen via decent cans more, as I agree you get a different insight (not sure it is better or worse, though?) but generally I need to be able to hear ambient noise (telephones/wife/little 'un/colleagues etc.) so it is usually speakers at home, low volume at night -cranked up when I'm alone!

Kris
08-12-2009, 13:59
i find i can see further into a recording thru cans anyway!..Anyone feel the same?

Yes, definitely. At a stroke you're getting rid of the room/speaker interaction. Music played through my Ergos (updated version of Jecklin Floats) just has to be heard to be believed. The only problem with them is that you have to sit fairly still.

However, back on topic "Does the way you listen to music govern your format preference?" Only when I'm out and about or on holiday. Then it's portable DAT all the way.

P.s. I don't wear the Ergos when out walking as I'm scared of getting zapped by agents from the Torchwood Organisation;) (actually, truth be told I haven't got a long enough mains lead!)