PDA

View Full Version : PX25 monoblocks for sale

paulf-2007
21-10-2016, 16:16
Having bought a jap crap receiver so 'er indoors can you the set up my monos are up for grabs. These were designed and built by Jim Turner for Jim Carfrae to demo his horns and run silently into 100db speakers. They are configured for 4watts output so the PX25's will not be stressed and last a long time. They are the best amps I've owned and I may miss those little details they reveal but hey ho I've made up my mind and hope my memory is as usual and I will forget soon. I used these into lowthers briefly and they liked an hour to sound their best, not necessary with less finicky speakers. I have been using them with my Zu Omens and very very good they are, I also used them with some DIY speakers that are 85db admittedly in a small room. Valves are EZ81 rectifiers ( cvc ) I think, ecc82 drivers mullard nos British 1960's as far as I know and the KR PX25 power valves, still available to buy new. These are pick up or meet only, no postage.
£1000 no offers. Or I'll keep them. They are unique being built specifically for the Carfrae horns.

http://i64.tinypic.com/nvzib8.jpg

paulf-2007
22-10-2016, 18:55
Although I said they were built with the Carfrae horns and lowthers in mind they certainly handle the bass from the Zu's with ease. Some interested parties with transport issues. I believe these are a total bargain at this price as the KR PX25's are £350 a pair alone.

paulf-2007
29-10-2016, 14:10
So with winter around the corner it's time to settle down with a blanky and listen to some tunes, and what better to hear those tunes with than my PX25 mono's. In my opinion the best amps I've owned, better than bottle head 2A3, better than j sound labs 300B with eml 300B xls, Sophia princess carbon plates etc. Excellent bass control and mid/highs marvellous.