PDA

View Full Version : Parts Wanted

Rare Bird
05-12-2009, 05:43
Looking for a fully working flux capacitor any condition, two would be handy.

Hydie
05-12-2009, 08:10
Is that for a 1985 DeLorean?

Rare Bird
05-12-2009, 08:15
Is that for a 1985 DeLorean?

No but if you can rip it out of the next one you see parked up & post it me i'd be most gratefull ole chap

:)

Dave Cawley
05-12-2009, 08:16
I have a hardly used Flux Capacitor and some nearly worn out lithium crystals to partially drive it. I'm looking to swap for a liquid helium cooled superconducting magnet, preferably niobium alloy to make a tiny MRI scanner.:santa:

Thanks

Dave

Rare Bird
05-12-2009, 08:21
Awesome Dave can you give me the fixing centres measurements for the Flux cap case so i can get cracking?

:respect:

NickB
05-12-2009, 08:24
Hi Dave

Alison's son works on the afore mentioned MRI scanner I am sure he could borrow some bits for you and sneak them out in his back pack :)

Nick

Themis
05-12-2009, 08:26
http://www.instructables.com/id/Flux-Capacitor/

Dave Cawley
05-12-2009, 08:38
The problem with mounting an un-mounted Flux Capacitor, is indeed establishing the fixing centres. It is a five dimensional problem, length, width, height, time and relativity. The last two are difficult to measure repeatedly. Many thought the Flux Capacitor complied with conventional
4-dimensional Euclidean space theories, but unfortunately they do not.

So the best I can do to answer the question "can you give me the fixing centres measurements " is to say that for prolonged periods it is 42. ;)

Regards

Dave

Rare Bird
05-12-2009, 08:46
Dave don't worry about all that time & relativity malarky old Berty Einstein was mi grandad see.I know everything there is to know about special relativity

Do you take pay-pal?

Themis
05-12-2009, 08:49
The problem with mounting an un-mounted Flux Capacitor, is indeed establishing the fixing centres. It is a five dimensional problem, length, width, height, time and relativity. The last two are difficult to measure repeatedly. Many thought the Flux Capacitor complied with conventional
4-dimensional Euclidean space theories, but unfortunately they do not.

So the best I can do to answer the question "can you give me the fixing centres measurements " is to say that for prolonged periods it is 42. ;)

Regards

Dave
:lol::lolsign:

Tripmaster
05-12-2009, 11:07
:lol::lolsign:

Dimitri why are you laughing?

I think they could be serious :eyebrows:

Themis
05-12-2009, 11:43
I was laughing because I was thinking of the "42" part of the sentence... :lol:

(now that you mention it, it IS serious :cool:)

Primalsea
05-12-2009, 12:00
Out of interest are you using super strings to connect the flux capacitor up?

Alex Nikitin
05-12-2009, 12:19
I have a screenshot somewhere of a Farnell page for dilithium crystals - sadly, out of stock. Now it is gone - men in black have spotted it and got it removed :( .

Alex

The Vinyl Adventure
05-12-2009, 12:33
Has anyone seen the episode of star trek where tom Paris discovers a way to travel at "warp 10" or infinate velocity? It's a bit silly to start with as it seems that the way they solve the problem is to just go faster... It then gets a bit interesting when he comes back from his adventure and tells a tale of being everywhere at once - makes sence to me, after all it's infinate! (so I forgave the speeding up to it bit). Then it got really daft when tom Paris started to genetically modify himself into a fish, kidnap captain janeway, take her to a planet and breed with the fish that she had then turned into! The res of the members of the enterprise then went and found them ... Luckily they weren't to far away, concidering they could have gone anywhere with there infinate velocity! Then the hologram doctor managed to geneticaly modify them both back to there normal shapes, but they left there fish off spring on the planet to fend for them selves! I do like star trek, but bloody hell it is very odd sometimes!!!

The Vinyl Adventure
05-12-2009, 12:38
Not to mention the fact that the whole series is about trying to get home after being stranded a long way from earth... If the only down side of infinte velocity is turning into a fish, that can ultimately be undone by a holgraphic doctor... Then to be fair, it's not that big of a downside is it! These people are suposed to be clever!! They should make me captain of the enterprise! I'd be proper good at it!!

The Vinyl Adventure
05-12-2009, 12:40
As a side note, I feel I should point out I'm not a treker or treki or what ever, I don't have the DVDs I don't speak clingon and I don't have a pair of spok ears... I just quite like watching it on tv sometimes :) ..

Primalsea
05-12-2009, 14:14
Hamish,

I glad to see you have no baggage there then! Where you kidnapped by by large men with Cornish pasties on their foreheads when you were young?