PDA

View Full Version : Visit To New Aston Martin Dealership In Bristol

User211
17-10-2016, 14:25
Took some snaps - it is round the back of the Porsche dealership in Bristol. This was a couple of months ago now. I'm just bored enough to post the snaps.

Forget the cars - I want the building;)

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g436/User_211/IMG_20160826_163211549_zpsenxbacfk.jpg

User211
17-10-2016, 14:30
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g436/User_211/IMG_20160826_162737661_HDR_zpsgkmtaaqk.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g436/User_211/IMG_20160826_162810813_zpsoaqat1cg.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g436/User_211/IMG_20160826_162749640_HDR_zpsmjktzngp.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g436/User_211/IMG_20160826_163023461_zpssdp5eyep.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g436/User_211/IMG_20160826_162950108_zpsbaliswpt.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g436/User_211/IMG_20160826_162910768_zpso2u6owhv.jpg

That's the lot from my phone. Not bad snaps for a £150 phone. Oldest car is nicest I think.

struth
17-10-2016, 14:30
Hey, thats my weekend place ;).

Nice, both cars and building

User211
17-10-2016, 14:41
My sister had a Vantage. Said it was crap. I went in it - a very rough ride TBH. She much prefers her F Type Jag.

Spectral Morn
17-10-2016, 15:58
DB5 yes please :)

User211
17-10-2016, 16:34
DB5 yes please :)

Rather better looking than the Vulcan, that's for sure:)

Had a DB9 on a track a while back. That was OK. A Red Letter day.

User211
17-10-2016, 16:42
BTW the DB5 looked like it rolled out the factory yesterday...

AlexM
17-10-2016, 16:46
I drove a friend's V8 vantage, and thought it felt quite slow really. It did sound nice, and the ride seemed ok to me. The stupid cringeworthy "Power Beauty Soul" slogan that comes up on the multifunction display when you insert the "Emotion Control Unit", or Key as we call it is embarassing.

User211
17-10-2016, 16:59
Methinks marketing dept smoking too many spliffs:D

Barry
17-10-2016, 17:00
Didn't see any Bristol Cars there did you Justin?

User211
17-10-2016, 19:34
Didn't see any Bristol Cars there did you Justin?

No. There's a Lambo dealership and Bentley too. The £220K Huracan in grey is jaw dropping. All a bit odd as no one in Bristol actually has any cash.

Marco
17-10-2016, 19:47
The old one is *so* much classier than that rather vulgar monstrosity with the huge rear spoiler!

Marco.

Wakefield Turntables
17-10-2016, 19:51
Give me a Mazza any day of the week. Understated and reasonably cheap and you get Italian sports car performance. I like the big Jags, driven the old 4.2L XK8 and loved it, the XKF is nice not really impressed with the Aston Martin's, Lambo's leave me cold and don't even talk to me about Fezza's.

Mark Grant
17-10-2016, 20:00
Lovely building and pictures.

There are no prices on any of the car windows in that showroom :D

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01379/cars_1379452c.jpg

User211
17-10-2016, 20:04
The old one is *so* much classier than that rather vulgar monstrosity with the huge rear spoiler!

Marco.
Wot prettier than the $2.3m all carbon fibre, 800 BHP Vulcan?

Doesn't half make some odd noises... where's the WD40?:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku1kDX1Q3ss

Marco
17-10-2016, 20:11
The spoiler is obviously there for a valid purpose, but it also completely 'spoils' the look of the car! Whip that pish off, and all of a sudden you have a rather shexy looking machine. However, like Andy, I'd still rather have a Maserati! :)

Marco.

The Black Adder
18-10-2016, 09:19
Love the building.

Not bothered about the cars myself apart from the DB5. The new stuff is quite vulgar IMO.

The DB5 for me is the best looking car there, I don't give a hoot about performance.

User211
18-10-2016, 10:29
I don't give a hoot about performance.

It's the one I'd have by choice. Just a cool drive irrespective of performance.

walpurgis
18-10-2016, 10:41
I'd sooner have a Land Rover.

Marco
18-10-2016, 11:02
It's the one I'd have by choice. Just a cool drive irrespective of performance.

That's how I see it, too. The new AMs aren't by any means definitive examples of a super-car, so there's no point. For that, see Maserati.

Marco.

Marco
18-10-2016, 11:08
I'd sooner have a Land Rover.

If I lived in the country and drove regularly on the type of terrain required for a 4x4, then yes, otherwise it's pointless.

There's nothing wankier than the idiots (often women) who swan around towns in 4x4s, going shopping to Tesco or picking up the kids from school - and proceed to get in everyone's way, often parking them abominably [more like abandoning them wherever they see fit], just because they 'feel safe' or 'like to be high up'... :rolleyes:

If I were in charge, I'd ban that nonsense instantly! :exactly:

Marco.

Spectral Morn
18-10-2016, 11:17
BTW the DB5 looked like it rolled out the factory yesterday...

It looks like it did.

walpurgis
18-10-2016, 11:19
Nah. :) I like the indestructabilty, utility and practicality of the Land Rovers. An old diesel one in army drab green is my cup of tea. Not a shiny effort for posing in.

I do my own servicing when I can and Land rovers are easy to work on. I like the idea that the kind of minor bump that would write a lot of cars off, just scratches the paint on the thick steel bumper.

Barry
18-10-2016, 11:19
+1

Nothing annoys me more than waiting at a roundabout to the left of a 4x4 and not being able to see the traffic. On the other hand, having driven a Land Rover 'Discovery' (it was a company hire car), I can understand why people like to drive them; being higher up you can see further as you approach junctions etc.

But as you say, 4x4s are largely a middle class status symbol.

Spectral Morn
18-10-2016, 11:22
I think I will have to be happy with a Dinky Toy, as £800,000 is a bit :eek:

Marco
18-10-2016, 12:09
Nah. :) I like the indestructabilty, utility and practicality of the Land Rovers. An old diesel one in army drab green is my cup of tea. Not a shiny effort for posing in.

I do my own servicing when I can and Land rovers are easy to work on. I like the idea that the kind of minor bump that would write a lot of cars off, just scratches the paint on the thick steel bumper.

Yes, but I presume if you owned one, you'd have the manners to park it courteously, without arrogantly thinking that you can just abandon the thing wherever you like, whilst obstructing others? ;)

Also, if everyone in London liked driving Land Rovers, as you do, can you imagine the chaos it would cause? :eek:

Nope, for me, no 'farm vehicles' (and I include large 4x4s in that) should be allowed near town centres, especially during busy times, such as the 'school run' or rush hour!!

Aside from that, I like to ride low-down on the road (for a greater sensation of speed), not high up... You can tell you're getting old, or whether you're a 'true driver' or not, when the opposite is true...! :D

Marco.

Marco
18-10-2016, 12:11
+1

Nothing annoys me more than waiting at a roundabout to the left of a 4x4 and not being able to see the traffic. On the other hand, having driven a Land Rover 'Discovery' (it was a company hire car), I can understand why people like to drive them; being higher up you can see further as you approach junctions etc.

But as you say, 4x4s are largely a middle class status symbol.

Yup, and I ABHOR that about them, and the pretentious (often inconsiderate) twits who drive them, and who simply don't *NEED* them!

Marco.

struth
18-10-2016, 12:18
Used to have an old landy. Great if you aint going far or off the beaten track. Keep your tyres thin though.. they do get stuck from time to time, and the old ones either had a capstan or full winch on. Wrap a rope or chain round a suitable tree and out ya pop.:D cold and wet though as the door seals never worked.
Bro has a newer one but think now the horse has past to that great field in the sky, it will likely go. Silly expensive to run if you dont need one

CageyH
18-10-2016, 13:39
Marco,

If you like to be low to the road, you have bought the wrong car. :eyebrows:

Marco
18-10-2016, 15:59
Lol - I should've said 'lower, than higher up', or 'as low as is comfortable and practical in a fairly standard road car' ;)

However, the Brabster (with its lowered sports suspension) is about as 'low' as an M3, which is fine and low enough for me, in order to provide a good sensation of speed, whilst still feeling comfortable over long distances, and rather different from the boring and unchallenging driving position adopted by drivers of 4x4s!

Marco.

walpurgis
18-10-2016, 16:12
Also, if everyone in London liked driving Land Rovers, as you do, can you imagine the chaos it would cause? :eek:

Aside from that, I like to ride low-down on the road (for a greater sensation of speed), not high up... You can tell you're getting old, or whether you're a 'true driver' or not, when the opposite is true...! :D

Marco.

Maybe half the cars around here are as big or bigger than a Land Rover. Big families and such. Car size is a status thing here too. Plenty of Audi Q7's, big Beemer 4x4's, Kia Sedonas, Chrysler Voyagers and many large saloons.

I drove big vans for a living for quite a few years and got to enjoy a high driving position. It is definitely useful. When I'm out in the sticks (as I am quite often), I find it handy to be able to see over hedges etc. and see tractors and cattle and the like coming onto the road. I still miss my Suzuki van that sat about 18" higher than an average saloon.

struth
18-10-2016, 16:16
Drove a 7 1/2 tonner for many years, and its got that mix of speed and height that in a good one is a treat to drive. They are a bit hairy unladen mind... braking is a tad urgent lol

Marco
18-10-2016, 16:27
Maybe half the cars around here are as big or bigger than a Land Rover. Big families and such. Car size is a status thing here too. Plenty of Audi Q7's, big Beemer 4x4's, Kia Sedonas, Chrysler Voyagers and many large saloons.

And you wonder why I hate London? ;)

I drove big vans for a living for quite a few years and got to enjoy a high driving position. It is definitely useful. When I'm out in the sticks (as I am quite often), I find it handy to be able to see over hedges etc. and see tractors and cattle and the like coming onto the road. I still miss my Suzuki van that sat about 18" higher than an average saloon.

Sure I understand. I've never done anything like that, however. Any car I've owned has always been used for either business (as a salesman driving up and down UK motorways), or like now, for pure pleasure, so if the car/vehicle I drive is devoid of 'fun factor' (read as being in some way sporty), it isn't fit for purpose!

Marco.

CageyH
18-10-2016, 18:34
Lol - I should've said 'lower, than higher up', or 'as low as is comfortable and practical in a fairly standard road car' ;)

However, the Brabster (with its lowered sports suspension) is about as 'low' as an M3, which is fine and low enough for me, in order to provide a good sensation of speed, whilst still feeling comfortable over long distances, and rather different from the boring and unchallenging driving position adopted by drivers of 4x4s!

Marco.

That will be as low as my M sport suspension equipped 3 series then?
It feels quite high up sometimes....

Marco
18-10-2016, 18:55
Yes, compared with that 'other thing' of yours, it would! :D

Marco.

Beobloke
19-10-2016, 12:13
We saw the Aston Martin Vulcan in action at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this year - apparently it was granted special dispensation to run there as it is illegal to drive on any UK road or racetrack!

I can therefore report that not only does it look amazing in the flesh, it goes like stink and the noise is utterly incredible. Looking at it in the 'Supercar Paddock' later, we happened to walk by just as it was started up and revved. Mrs. B, who loves Aston Martins, very nearly wet herself and I had to almost drag her away!

As to all this hate for Chelsea Tractors, I couldn't agree more. I hate big, vulgar 4x4s and their idiot drivers with a passion and completely agree they should be banned from the roads. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go to the petrol station again as the Rangey's guzzled its way through yet another £95 worth of fuel. :D

Marco
19-10-2016, 15:47
Mrs. B, who loves Aston Martins, very nearly wet herself and I had to almost drag her away!

Can we see proof of this please? :D

As to all this hate for Chelsea Tractors, I couldn't agree more. I hate big, vulgar 4x4s and their idiot drivers with a passion and completely agree they should be banned from the roads. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go to the petrol station again as the Rangey's guzzled its way through yet another £95 worth of fuel...

:lolsign:

Yes, but you're forgiven because you're a proper 'Rangey' enthusiast, and have been for years. You're not driving the thing for all the wrong reasons, like the twats I'm referring to!

Marco.