PDA

View Full Version : I Bloody Well Dare Ya!

Mike
03-12-2009, 22:20
Go on... try and take it off me if you f*#kin dare! :mad:

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1152/ollieandginnie04.jpg
By shian7 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/shian7), shot with u30D,S410D,u410D (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=u30D%2CS410D%2Cu410D&make=OLYMPUS+CORPORATION) at 2009-12-03

Mike
03-12-2009, 22:29
... and here's the other mutt looking even more demonic! :mental:

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/249/jpegimage2478781.jpg
By shian7 (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/shian7), shot with u30D,S410D,u410D (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=u30D%2CS410D%2Cu410D&make=OLYMPUS+CORPORATION) at 2009-12-03

anthonyTD
03-12-2009, 22:32
hi mike,
first pick reminds me of our mutt!
diffrence is you wouldnt have got that close to take the picture.:mental::lolsign:
A...

The Vinyl Adventure
03-12-2009, 22:37
Our dog just woke up, gave me a really odd look and started coughing at me with her Tongue hanging out the side of her gob... She's ok now but god fam did she look like a mental!!

Mike
03-12-2009, 22:38
I'm tougher than he is. ;)

He's actually just a pup... the lens makes his head look massive, check out the weedy leg in the background. :lol:

That one's 'Ollie', the second one is 'Jinny'.

Jinny had ten staples put in her leg this morning by the vet after Ollie took a chunk out of it last night. Cost me £90 the little twat! :steam:

Jonboy
03-12-2009, 22:45
The boys best ball (or was)

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp272/jonboy_01/DSC_0549.jpg

webby
03-12-2009, 22:46
What kind of dog is that?

The Vinyl Adventure
03-12-2009, 22:46
Ours keeps scraping her self of late, she took her eye brow off with the underside of the bed the other day then a couple of days later pushed the dog gate down and scrtched her back legs jumping over it! Right troublesome these pets arnt they!

Mike
03-12-2009, 23:32

Looks like a (big!) 'Staffy', maybe?

Rare Bird
03-12-2009, 23:32

deffo a guernsey cow in there

:lolsign:

The Vinyl Adventure
03-12-2009, 23:45
he he ... look at my freak ... she has been asleep like that for about 20 mins now ... ... ...

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww282/hamish_gill/_1000070.jpg

and if you look closely you can see my new tuner in the background too :)

The Grand Wazoo
03-12-2009, 23:50
Whoah, Hamish!
It's arrived. How's it working out?

The Vinyl Adventure
04-12-2009, 00:00
Sorry chris, I meant to mention it, I was gonna start a thread on it once i'm in the new place and have a better aerial...
It is worlds apart from the Sony st70! Even with the poor signal I get here I am fetching most stations a lot clearer than I expected through the internal bit of wire! I only really listen to radio 2 and that got quite poor on the Sony, it's very clear on this! As for sound quality, so far I'm very impressed! It's mad me realise I haven't actually heard a audiophile tuner before, and that dab realy, realy, realy is shite!!
Cheers for the pointer, when I'm in the new place I shall be after some advice on getting it running up to it potential, I don't really understand the conection on the back, but I'm not worried for now!
Apart from anything, it does look the mutts nuts, and is gonna fit in just nice with the new system when it arives! So yeah over all very happy!!

Spectral Morn
04-12-2009, 00:17
Sorry chris, I meant to mention it, I was gonna start a thread on it once i'm in the new place and have a better aerial...
It is worlds apart from the Sony st70! Even with the poor signal I get here I am fetching most stations a lot clearer than I expected through the internal bit of wire! I only really listen to radio 2 and that got quite poor on the Sony, it's very clear on this! As for sound quality, so far I'm very impressed! It's mad me realise I haven't actually heard a audiophile tuner before, and that dab realy, realy, realy is shite!!
Cheers for the pointer, when I'm in the new place I shall be after some advice on getting it running up to it potential, I don't really understand the conection on the back, but I'm not worried for now!
Apart from anything, it does look the mutts nuts, and is gonna fit in just nice with the new system when it arives! So yeah over all very happy!!

You didn't buy that of that prat on E-Bay who kept putting the price up on it:doh: And then it went to auction.

Regards D S D L

The Vinyl Adventure
04-12-2009, 00:24
I guess I probably did yes... ... ... At auction it cost me £47 in the end! To much in reality?? In my world I was happy to pay that much as it's exactly what I'm after (big black yellow glowing tuner that's the same width as the new pre amp.)

Spectral Morn
04-12-2009, 00:29
I guess I probably did yes... ... ... At auction it cost me £47 in the end! To much in reality?? In my world I was happy to pay that much as it's exactly what I'm after (big black yellow glowing tuner that's the same width as the new pre amp.)

I looked at it too, but I could not be bothered buying it from such a prat. "I don't really want to sell it" then why put it on E-Bay...prat. First its BIn £60 then its BIN £64 then its BIN £67 :doh::doh::doh::( Prat. Then it goes to auction glad he didn't get what he wanted. I might have bought it at £60 but I want a 717 or 710 not a 317 which while good is not quite good enough for my tuner write up and at £60 would have been to much money.

Glad you won it Hamish anyway..enjoy.

Regards D S D L

The Vinyl Adventure
04-12-2009, 00:40
Ah well I'm glad I didn't pay over the odds (not that it makes much odds...) ... I read up about a lot of the sansui tuners an clocked some of the the bigger models - they do look very nice! It's all pretty much a forign language to me, I just asked chris if he had any thoghts about a black tuner and about 10 mins after I had bid £25 on the sansui chris listed it as one of about 5 worth bidding on on eBay ... The rest is history! I'm just looking forward to getting it sat up properly now!!

Rare Bird
04-12-2009, 00:42
I looked at it too, but I could not be bothered buying it from such a prat. "I don't really want to sell it" then why put it on E-Bay...prat. First its BIn £60 then its BIN £64 then its BIN £67 :doh::doh::doh::( Prat. Then it goes to auction glad he didn't get what he wanted. I might have bought it at £60 but I want a 717 or 710 not a 317 which while good is not quite good enough for my tuner write up and at £60 would have been to much money.

Glad you won it Hamish anyway..enjoy.

Regards D S D L

If you see a Sansui 919 that was a nice tuner, had a digital frequency counter aswell as analogue VU's..You don't see many tho..

Rare Bird
04-12-2009, 00:46
Here one in the link below..

http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/TU-919.jpg

Yamaha 'CT7000' was a hard tuner to beat tho..

Spectral Morn
04-12-2009, 00:46
If you see a Sansui 919 that was a nice tuner, had a digital frequency counter aswell as analogue VU's..You don't see many tho..

They sell for to much money. Tuners like that bring the mad collectors out...were performance goes out the window and its about audio jewelery imho.

Regards D S D L

The Vinyl Adventure
04-12-2009, 00:49
Ah ha, yes.. That's the one I spotted ... Looks a beauty! I have really spent the last few days wondering why on earth fm is for the chop!

Alex_UK
04-12-2009, 00:55
'cos like everything audio and visual, "they" would have you believe it is all about quantity, not quality... :(

The Vinyl Adventure
04-12-2009, 01:02
It's just a shame that dab has been implemented in such poor broadcast quality/format... Oh well, I will be intersting to see what happens to all these nice tuners when fm buys the farm...

The Grand Wazoo
04-12-2009, 01:04
I have a 919 - it's currently lodging with my repair guy waiting for me to give the word for him to get going on it. He's had it for a couple of years now though! I suppose I ought to get on with it sometime - it doesn't really need much work at all.

Anyway, the price of these and a few other has gone up because of their reputation, rather than their sound quality, I think. Such a relatively low number of people have actually heard them that this must be the case. The reputation of stuff snowballs so much nowadays with the internet.

I bought mine on a whim, not because I'd heard they were good. Because of that, I paid very little for it, but there's no way I'd shell out what they fetch nowadays.

I'm still convinced my Accuphase can't be bettered for the money.

Rare Bird
04-12-2009, 01:04
Aye your reyt..What about the Sansui '666', these were weird with illuminated circular tuning dial... i think the '777' was the same..was a '666' on e-bay a while back..

Spectral Morn
04-12-2009, 01:09
I have a 919 - it's currently lodging with my repair guy waiting for me to give the word for him to get going on it. He's had it for a couple of years now though! I suppose I ought to get on with it sometime - it doesn't really need much work at all.

Anyway, the price of these and a few other has gone up because of their reputation, rather than their sound quality, I think. Such a relatively low number of people have actually heard them that this must be the case. The reputation of stuff snowballs so much nowadays with the internet.

I bought mine on a whim, not because I'd heard they were good. Because of that, I paid very little for it, but there's no way I'd shell out what they fetch nowadays.

I'm still convinced my Accuphase can't be bettered for the money.

I am hoping in some small way that my forth coming tuner mega review will sort some of this out. However I am put off slightly that my words may well shift prices up and down on the tuners I write about. But I have invested way to much time and hassle into not following through on it. Its just a pity its sans Sansui

Regards D S D L

Spectral Morn
04-12-2009, 01:11
Aye your reyt..What about the Sansui '666', these were weird with illuminated circular tuning dial... i think the '777' was the same..was a '666' on e-bay a while back..

Yes a guy from Portugal was trying to sell one damaged in transit and sent back to him by an original buyer. Not a good way to try and sell. "I have sold this already, but the guy who got it damaged it/or in transit I have it back and now I want to sell it again."

Regards D S D L

The Grand Wazoo
04-12-2009, 01:12
However I am put off slightly that my words may well shift prices up and down on the tuners I write about. But I have invested way to much time and hassle into not following through on it.

Can you make it a members only feature like the library?

The Vinyl Adventure
04-12-2009, 01:13
My advice neil, slate somthing you want, get it cheap then do a uturn ;) I shall be interested to read this forthcoming thread!

Rare Bird
04-12-2009, 01:13
I keep saying i'm gonna try get back my old New Acoustic Dimension '160' reciever for old times sake, i used to loved this..I'm well happy to live with the '140' or '300'

Spectral Morn
04-12-2009, 01:17
Can you make it a members only feature like the library?

I could do that, but it would be a shame not to let a wider public read it.

hamish My advice neil, slate somthing you want, get it cheap then do a uturn I shall be interested to read this forthcoming thread!

I would not do that Hamish...I know you are joking but I have a reputation to maintain.

Regards D S D L

The Grand Wazoo
04-12-2009, 08:36
But surely your reputation is that of a jumped up dustbin with plans for univeral domination? - I'd have thought that would fit well with what Hamish is suggesting!

anthonyTD
04-12-2009, 12:10
thread drift of magnitude proportion!
we were discusing animals here...:lolsign:
A...

Mike
04-12-2009, 12:22
thread drift of magnitude proportion!
we were discusing animals here...:lolsign:
A...

Well, I was going to say something. But thought I'd leave em to it. :rolleyes:

anthonyTD
04-12-2009, 12:35
while were back on the subject,
our mutt has to go to the vet today suffering from an upset stomache,:scratch: he has a nasty habit of chewing and eating anything and everything, if he is sat in my workshop, he chews wire, solder, batteries, yes,,, he's nuts, but fully charged!:lolsign:
A...

Spectral Morn
04-12-2009, 12:49
Galactic proportions :):lol::lol::lol:

Thread drift is all part of the fun.

Regards D S D L

Jonboy
04-12-2009, 13:29
Looks like a (big!) 'Staffy', maybe?

Yes it is a fat Staffy called Saskia or Sas for short, who's not keen on other dogs, she will be 9 on valantines day and goes back and forth to France with us 4 of 5 times a year we are just about to start her third dog passport, a well travelled doggy.

She is part of the family and enjoys Christmas with her own stocking and outfit

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp272/jonboy_01/DSC_0323.jpg

And here with my youngest

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp272/jonboy_01/DSC_0333.jpg

anthonyTD
04-12-2009, 14:29
nice pick of her with the boy jon.:)
A...

leo
04-12-2009, 17:28
he he ... look at my freak ... she has been asleep like that for about 20 mins now ... ... ...

Brilliant!!! This gave me a real good laugh, thanks Hamish:lolsign:

anthonyTD
04-12-2009, 17:33
Brilliant!!! This gave me a real good laugh, thanks Hamish:lolsign:
yep,
its a cracker!!:lol:
A...

The Vinyl Adventure
04-12-2009, 17:50
glad to be of service leo :)

If you do make it up Tuesday Anthony you will have the dubious pleasure of meeting her ... She is quite enthusiastic when it comes to new people!

anthonyTD
04-12-2009, 18:44
glad to be of service leo :)

If you do make it up Tuesday Anthony you will have the dubious pleasure of meeting her ... She is quite enthusiastic when it comes to new people!

my type of girl, looking forward to meeting her already!:lolsign:
A...

The Vinyl Adventure
04-12-2009, 18:52
:lolsign:...

(Jus had a quick chat with steve, we agreed that we would all play it by ear for Tuesday)

anthonyTD
04-12-2009, 19:01
:lolsign:...

(Jus had a quick chat with steve, we agreed that we would all play it by ear for Tuesday)
sounds fine.
A...

Primalsea
05-12-2009, 12:07

I was going to say that this picture reminds me of an old girlfriend but that would be unfair on the dog.:lolsign: Amazing what you do when your young, stupid & drunk.

The Vinyl Adventure
05-12-2009, 12:11
Is it the way she is showing her lady area or the expresion on her face that triggered that memory? ;)

Primalsea
05-12-2009, 14:10
No it was the wet nose and facial hair!

The Vinyl Adventure
05-12-2009, 14:33
Ha! She sounds a beauty!