PDA

View Full Version : WANT Eagle PSU & Roadrunner tachometer from Phoenix Eng.

tlscapital
08-10-2016, 07:29
I'm after such a combo new or second hand. I'm based in Belgium so I need it to be send from Europe if possible PM me with your price and condition. Cheers, Tim

lordmortlock
08-10-2016, 08:16
Phoenix sell direct Tim, they were very helpful when I was looking to buy for my old avid.

tlscapital
08-10-2016, 21:16
Phoenix sell direct Tim, they were very helpful when I was looking to buy for my old avid.

Hi Jake, I did contact them and they directed me to their official USA dealers as shown on their site. There was one dealer in the UK, but he is out of the Phoenix Eng. products by now and hasn't replied to my question as to when he might get them back in stock... My issue has to do with the Belgium custom. I'll have to pay them $200 of import duties, taxes and fees if bought outside the EU ! Which I'm rather reluctant to pay.

I'd rather buy a second hand one for less money but they seem rather rare. My budget is tight and the acquisition of this last big (expensive as well) upgrade will be my final one that I understand will grace and finalize all the others I've done before to great satisfaction. So I'd be willing to stretch my budget to buy a new Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner combo, but not to pay those $200 to the custom. That's why.

lordmortlock
08-10-2016, 22:22
Completely agree - it's the import costs that put me off in the end too. Put the money towards a TT upgrade in the end!

sq225917
09-10-2016, 09:46
Can't imagine they exist on the 2nd hand market, they aren't a huge seller and likely an end of the road purchase for the buyer as there's nothing else out there that competes with it at anywhere near the price.

rdpx
09-10-2016, 10:38
Send the UK dealer another email, or phone them? I'm sure if you put in an order they would get one in!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

tlscapital
09-10-2016, 11:32
Send the UK dealer another email, or phone them? I'm sure if you put in an order they would get one in!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Hi John, well no in fact. This morning, one week later after my last and second request, he just replied that he's not going continue with the Phoenix Eng. products. The fact is that it's pricey enough on it's own. Might be a worthy product (I hope it is), but it's not one for the smaller wallet. With the sudden low of the £, it's even more pricey for the UK seller to buy outside the UK and I understand he don't want to skyrocket his prices through the roof. So this option is out.