PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody

Wrackandruin
08-10-2016, 03:00
Hi all.

My favourite music is Electronica, but I like all sorts. Jazz fusion, indi. I do still keep on in back to emectronica though. Over the last year I've been really enjoying hi-des audio through a computer. I use it as a music server only and use the Audiophile Optimizer software and Bug Head Emperor. I'm a regular visitor tithe Bleep website where I buy lots of wacky electronica from their excellent collection.

Have have two hi-fi systems. A main one in he lounge and another in the bedroom. Maybe do the lounge first:

Heavily modified Rega Planar 3 - groove tracer subplatter and platter - Origin Live Silver Mk1 (modified) - Isonoe feet - Michael Lim isolation base, thrust bearing and two belt pulley.
Monarchy Audio NM24 tubed dac and linestage (modified).
Slinkylinks cabling throughout (David Irvine from Slinkylinks lives up the road from me!)
Dynavector HX-75 power amp
Dynavector P75 mk 2 phono stage
Epos Es11 speakers restored and re-wired by David at Slinkylinks.

Bedroom system

Technics sl1210 mk3 - modified a bit - tonearm rewire - at-lh18 headshell and counterweight upgrade from speedy Steve - Isonoe feet
Quad 303 power amp - restored - with Net Audio PSU upgrade board
Tubed Pre- amp - is a bit weird - picked it up from a guy in Superfi in Cambden, London. It's not pretty but it' got a lovely MC phono stage.
Cartridges are modified Denon Dl103r and unmodified DL103.

Could add more but I'm sick and in bed so probably going to sleep and my phone battery is going flat!

Keen on an Ianmac bearing, looking at PSU (probably go local), got an Origin Live Silver with carbon tube arriving shortly replacing the technics arm!

Macca
08-10-2016, 07:22
Another member from the Antipodes - welcome Al. Two modified turntables and a weird tube amp, you will fit right in here :)

walpurgis
08-10-2016, 08:59
Hello Al. Welcome to AOS.

Planty of Electronica fans here, so you're in good company.

That's an interesting line up of equipment you have. Another Monarchy Audio user I see. They make great gear.

Keep us informed of any system changes. We like to hear what people are doing.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Wrackandruin
10-10-2016, 07:58
Hi Martin, thanks for the welcome. Antipodes based but born in Yorkshire. I'd have to credit all the guys on AoS and on other sites for all the modifications and improvements I've made to my gear. I thought it was about time I came out of the shadows and chipped in.

Wrackandruin
10-10-2016, 08:07
Hi Geoff, the Monarchy preamp is really nice. It's got an ECC88 linestage and a tubed DAC (ECC88s again). It also has a solid state DAC. Funny, I've got the two turntables (which I love) but I'm getting lots of pleasure from 24bit digital downloads at the moment.

Barry
10-10-2016, 16:38
Welcome to AoS Al,

What modifications have you made to your Denon 103R?

Enjoy the forum
Barry

Wrackandruin
11-10-2016, 04:03
Hello Barry, I've given it a new, African ebony wood body. The same company I bought the body off also makes a 13gm brass spacer so I chucked that on my Origin Live Silver arm - and then I had to get a new, heavier counterweight. But worth it, it sounds lovely though.