PDA

View Full Version : Hello from West Lothian

Adam D
06-10-2016, 17:30
Hi,

This is my first post from sunny West Lothian.

I have been lurking on the forum for a while now and joined a few days ago.

I have always had a hifi system in my possession since I was at uni back in the early 90s.

My current system had been quite stagnant for 4 years or so, but this summer I decided to change the DAC, pre-amp and power amp.

So, out went my Schiit Bifrsot, Densen Beat 200 and Tag 100P and in came a Rega DAC-R, a remote controlled Croft 25 and a Quad 909.

The upgrades have certainly brought a smile to my face :)

Cheers

Adam

struth
06-10-2016, 17:39
welcome Adam. Hope your enjoying the new sound. W Lothian eh? that place sounds familiar ;) Enjoy the forum

walpurgis
06-10-2016, 19:09
Hello Adam. Welcome to AOS.

Tell us what further plans if any you have for your system and what music you like.

Have a look around the site, there's plenty of interesting stuff to get involved in.

Join in any chat that appeals to you.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Adam D
08-10-2016, 15:39
Thank you for the welcome Geoff and Grant.

I do not have any big plans for my system at the moment: I am playing about with interconnects at the moment though as I have found that there are some real second hand bargains to be had if you look hard enough.

As for the type of music I like, well I like dance, ambient, rock and electronica. Artists like Depeche Mode, Hybrid, Future Sound of London, Pink Floyd, Dreadzone, Sasha, Dire Straits, Tears for Fears, etc. are my kind of thing.

struth
08-10-2016, 16:05
Interconnects and speaker cables will improve things, or can i should say quite a lot. Dont have to spend big money either.. a number of good bits of advice in threads he and there. One of the Scottish Mafia(brian) makes up fab cables for a fraction of what you pay to likes of TQ. Better too.
Join in the discussions or open a thread in appropriate section Adam

walpurgis
08-10-2016, 16:05
I am playing about with interconnects at the moment though as I have found that there are some real second hand bargains to be had if you look hard enough.

Take a look at the US brand Straight Wire.

Their cables sound very good, but they are not well known here, so don't attract big prices.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Straight-Wire-Chorus-Audio-Interconnect-1M-100cm-/112147778000?hash=item1a1c8749d0:g:imkAAOSwNRdX5uB i

take5
08-10-2016, 20:28
Adam, welcome.

Im a Fifer, brought up in Perthshire, who lived in Edinburgh for years, before coming down to England many years ago.

but I still feel able to offer " Cead Mille Faite" .

Adam D
09-10-2016, 10:37
Geoff and Grant,

I have spotted the interconnects made by Brian, I may give them a go, those Straight Wire interconnects look interesting and I have heard that they deliver a lot of bang for their bucks.

Brian,

My travels around the UK have been the opposite way around to yourself: I was born in Singapore, grew up in the SW of England, went to Glasgow uni, moved to Norwich, then up to Perth and finally in West Lothian.

Adam

walpurgis
09-10-2016, 10:53
those Straight Wire interconnects look interesting and I have heard that they deliver a lot of bang for their bucks

Adam

I have a couple of sets of their interconnects and find them extremely good for the bargain prices used examples can be obtained for.

I was impressed enough to buy some of their speaker cable too, which is also very nice sounding.

Barry
10-10-2016, 16:31
Welcome to AoS Adam,

Another swelling of the ranks of the "Scottish mafia".

Enjoy the Forum
Barry