PDA

View Full Version : wanted - JICO SAS STYLUS for Shure M55E

Wakefield Turntables
29-09-2016, 19:51
I'm looking for a used example or a new one if anyone wants to part with it. I dont mind it having a few hours on it either. I don't want to pay £200 for the new replacement that's kicking around and just fancy a little more insight from my vinyl. The JICO replacement stylus for my M55E was £40 and is great value for money but I'd like to try the old legend.

Jimbo
29-09-2016, 20:28
I'm looking for a used example or a new one if anyone wants to part with it. I dont mind it having a few hours on it either. I don't want to pay £200 for the new replacement that's kicking around and just fancy a little more insight from my vinyl. The JICO replacement stylus for my M55E was £40 and is great value for money but I'd like to try the old legend.

Definitely worth getting hold of one but they do change the sound of the M55e beyond all recognition. They are not just a small difference however interestingly when used on the Lenco they still convey the Lenco's character.

I used the M55e / Jico SAS on the VPI as well but here was a slight compliance mismatch but it did sound wonderful. My Spendor speaker cones wobbled a bit!

The Jico SAS is certainly worth seeking out and I would pay £200 for one again for my M55e I am so convinced of its abilities. Hopefully I can get to play this Lenco GL75/Jico SAS at WMBO in November and a few others can hear it for themselves and judge whether it's a worthwhile upgrade. :)