PDA

View Full Version : Hello - new member from Essex

drummist
25-09-2016, 17:20
Hi all

Just saying hello after signing up. Appreciative of the great info being shared here. Thanks!

I've just moved house and have now got a decent listening space again. After getting my modest little Naim 122/150 combo out of mothballs, hooking up my old Beresford 7520 DAC and streaming CD quality music from Qobuz, I've really got the hifi bug again. HOWEVER, you know how it goes...that sounds great...what would sound better? After showing enormous restraint and not blowing a ton of money on a Naim DAC or Audiolab M-DAC, I started looking at alternative DACs and after reading lots of great feedback here and elsewhere, I've bought a nearly new Beresford Caiman Mk2 on eBay. (although I've just seen that the seller is a new member on here as well!)

Looking forward to it arriving next week. If it's a noticeable step up from the TC7520, I'm going to be a happy camper.

My full kit is:
Bluesound Node 2 (love this. The first bit of streaming kit that I've had that you can truly fit and forget. Never drops out and sounds pretty good in its ow right without a DAC)
Marantz CD6005 (barely gets used and has probably spun less than 20 discs from new)
Beresford TC7520 DAC
Naim 122X/150X pre/power
Neat Motive 2 speakers

Thanks for a really useful site.

Mark

struth
25-09-2016, 18:02
Welcome Mark... Stan's dacs are very good, so you can bet it will be better,,,

walpurgis
25-09-2016, 21:47
Hello Mark. Welcome to AOS.

Nice to get a Hi-Fi set up after a house move. I've not had to for a long time, but I recall the pleasure it gives.

Beresford gear has a following here, so you'll be in good company and Stan Beresford is an approachable guy who posts here.

Keep us informed of any plans you may have for your system and feel free to join in any chat that appeal to you.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Audio Al
26-09-2016, 03:49
And it's hello from me :)

Itchy&Scratchy
26-09-2016, 07:04
Welcome Mark,

Great to see another local member. Although I live across the border from you, I work just a few miles away.

My system has been in mothballs for a while now, while I save up for the necessary components to complete it. The house also requires quite alot of work, something that will have to take precedence I'm afraid to concede.

Nice to see you are enjoying your Hi-fi again!

Dean

drummist
26-09-2016, 07:32
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Cheers
Mark

hifi_dave
01-10-2016, 16:19
Welcome neighbour.

Barry
06-10-2016, 11:07
Welcome to AoS Mark,

Good to see the ranks of the Essex and East Anglia 'massive' swell by another member!

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

Jeff Wood
06-10-2016, 11:20
Hi Mark,

Welcome aboard !

Hope you're happy with the Dac I sold you.

I've gone 100% vinyl now, hence the sale of that dac.