PDA

View Full Version : Would this cartridge change effect my sound the way I wish it to?

usernam
25-09-2016, 14:28
I am finding the Ortofon 2m Blue a bit lean and sharp for my taste and was thinking of swapping it for a Goldring 2100.
In a RP6 would it change the sound in the way I wish it to, namely a punchier bass and smoother mid?
Thanks for any advice. I've asked on the other site but the footfall is very modest.

mikeyb
25-09-2016, 17:00
I had one on my 1210 and I thought it rocked, of course you can't adjust vta on a Rega but normally tail down on a cart adds bass.

Rp6 is definitely not bass shy reading the reviews so I suspect cart change might help, plenty others on here that will steer you in the right direction.

Is it run in?

Might be less edgy after a good few hours.

struth
25-09-2016, 17:19
I am finding the Ortofon 2m Blue a bit lean and sharp for my taste and was thinking of swapping it for a Goldring 2100.
In a RP6 would it change the sound in the way I wish it to, namely a punchier bass and smoother mid?
Thanks for any advice. I've asked on the other site but the footfall is very modest.

Maybe recheck azimuth and vtf. often can have a big change on bass and edgyness... some carts need a hundred hrs run in time to start sounding decent.

usernam
27-09-2016, 09:12
I am approaching 100 hours but will wait and see what happens