PDA

View Full Version : Shakespear's Sister

DanJennings
28-11-2009, 13:18
Alright guys, there's got to be someone on here who likes Shakespear's Sister...?

the reason I ask, is that I've recently rebought their album 'Hormonally Yours', and some of the tracks sound completely different to the ones I'm used to, and I don't like it.

I've investigated wikipedia, and it turns out four of the tracks on the 1993 issue are remixed. The problem is, the new disc says 1992 on the back, and I'm sure I had the original years ago.

Can anyone enlighten me?

DSJR
28-11-2009, 15:00
I only liked "Stay" and am sure I don't have the album.

Ummm - just checked, I DO have the album on CD, bought at the time. The label is blue coloured and is London Records, the matrix number on the silver side of the disc is-

828 266 2 1058081 02 % Made in UK....

If yours is different, PM me :)

DanJennings
28-11-2009, 16:47
I've sent this to Dave, but I'll post it here too,

This is the version I hoped would be on the CD, the original, and best version:

NuFUyxAf4VA

And yet I've found, as with a few other songs on the album, it has been replaced (with no indication on the tracklisting or notes that it has done so) with this inferior remixed version:
(ignore the first 43 seconds)
tCzrntPRQVA

I feel a bit ripped off, especially as I bought 2 copies (christmas present)

DanJennings
06-12-2009, 16:18
ARGH! make that 3 copies!
Bought another one off ebay, exactly the same....

Does anyone own an original copy (see above post), that would be willing to swap?
The tracks remixed are:

Goodbye Cruel World
I Don't Care
Are We In Love Yet?
Hello (Turn Your Radio On)

So if you don't particularly care for those tracks, it may even be an improvement!

DanJennings
09-12-2009, 19:35
a slightly desperately hopeful 'bump'

DSJR
09-12-2009, 20:21
You'll just have to put up with the offer of a copy (may even be better........)