PDA

View Full Version : Wtd - WANTED Valve Integrated amplifier, puresound a10 or similar

philv
25-08-2016, 10:06
As my knackered gearbox could be cheaper to fix ;-) than expected , if my snells don't sell soon, i'd like to find a valve integrated to use tnem with.

Frustrating not having an amplifier. And darn stupid selling tnat really mice modded 405.

So, ideally looking for something like a puresound A10 or similar.

Budget £300.

Anything interesting out tnere?

Sherwood
25-08-2016, 12:34
I am selling an integrated valve amplifier from Antique Sound Labs, the MG-PIQ5. This device uses 4 EL84/6BQ5 valves, 2 12AT7s and 1 12AU7. I bought it new but it has been in long term storage whilst I was working overseas. Lost the original valves, so I have recently bought a new set of valves including matched quads.

It is extremely well built and in excellent (as new) condition. Out of curiosity I tried it with my notoriously power hungry Magnaplanars and it sounded excellent. I am looking for 400 quid for it given that I spent nearly 100 quid on the new valves. Anyone who has heard a well designed EL84 based amp will appreciate the qualities of this item. Very smooth but without the soft bass of older designs.

Forgive the dust in the attached pictures, I have not had time to retake them.

Geoff

philv
25-08-2016, 16:44
Thanks for the offer.
I will keep in mind, though it is a bit over budget.

philv
28-08-2016, 11:05
may stretch to an audio innovations 500

Audio Al
28-08-2016, 12:02
may stretch to an audio innovations 500

I have one but its way over you £300 budget , All new valves and serviced by Valvebloke of this forum :)

Audio Al
28-08-2016, 12:03
I am selling an integrated valve amplifier from Antique Sound Labs, the MG-PIQ5. This device uses 4 EL84/6BQ5 valves, 2 12AT7s and 1 12AU7. I bought it new but it has been in long term storage whilst I was working overseas. Lost the original valves, so I have recently bought a new set of valves including matched quads.

It is extremely well built and in excellent (as new) condition. Out of curiosity I tried it with my notoriously power hungry Magnaplanars and it sounded excellent. I am looking for 400 quid for it given that I spent nearly 100 quid on the new valves. Anyone who has heard a well designed EL84 based amp will appreciate the qualities of this item. Very smooth but without the soft bass of older designs.

Forgive the dust in the attached pictures, I have not had time to retake them.

Geoff

That looks substantial :eyebrows:

Sherwood
28-08-2016, 15:53
It is substantial. Antique Sound Labs never had much of a UK presence but are highly rated. This is a really solid build with a solid modern valve sound. Only reason for sale is that it is surplus to requirements and I am now using my Art Audio Quintet valve amp which has itself been in storage for nearly two decades.

I bought the Antique Sound Labs about 10 years ago during a short break from overseas work, but that too has been in storage during my time in the tropics.

Good bargain for anyone looking for a valve sound but wanting to drive less than efficient speakers.

Geoff

BTW: I still have the bound users manual.

Lawrence001
28-08-2016, 20:51
I've got a Yarland FV34B IV just over budget at £350, unfortunately a sale I had seems to have fallen through. It's a 40wpc EL34 integrated, virtually as new with about 150-200 hours on it. The first version was originally £500 direct from the manufacturer (without the usual mark ups) and highly rated by Ken Kessler who said it could easily be a >£1000 amplifier, but the MK IV like mine was over £700 including some upgrades from the new UK distributor and remote control for volume (included). It's in London though, but we do go up the A1 from time to time.

philv
01-09-2016, 11:06
Bump

matt2007
02-09-2016, 08:34
I have an APPJ PA0901A (same as Miniwatt N3) in black. Only single input but can be used as power amp with passive volume control turned full up. Looking for £80 + delivery.

Matt

philv
02-09-2016, 12:49
Thanks for tne offers to date.

I think i am more leaning towards an audio innovations s500 so will pu up a seperate ad i think.