PDA

View Full Version : Audio System pass around

ALLO.com
12-08-2016, 07:55
Hi folks,

Since we are new, I guess the best way to prove ourselves is to show all of you what we have created.
I am making available 2 full audio systems (Sparky, PIANO 2.1 DAC, VOLT AMP, KALI reclocker, Capacitane Multiplier board + all required accessories) for you to test. (see other thread for product info)

Please calmly and in an organized manner (don't push and rush :) ) add yourself to the list if interested.

>> how does this normally work... one member ships it to the next one when he is done?

thanks !

YNWaN
12-08-2016, 09:33
Erm...what is all that 'system' you describe? I recognise DAC and amp - can guess at 'reclocker' and know that Sparky had a magic piano.... but I think a few more details would be a good idea - don't you?

100% Analogue

Audio Al
12-08-2016, 09:35
Mark , Did you miss this part " (see other thread for product info) "

Audio Al
12-08-2016, 09:38
Me please , I would like to hear how it performs please :)

YNWaN
12-08-2016, 09:51
Yeah, I did rather. However, I've now seen the other thread and am only slightly wiser - what do all the extra boards do? The links don't work for me at present, they just take an eternity to load. It's basically a Rasperberyy Pii based streamer solution is it?

100% Analogue

ALLO.com
12-08-2016, 10:09
Have you tried refreshing a few times? That helps sometimes... we will fix this :steam:

In the meantime, I can try to load the pdf brochures here (on the other thread).

ALLO.com
12-08-2016, 10:09
Roger that Al!

ALLO.com
18-08-2016, 06:48
hey guys, i thought there would be a little more interest in testing the audio system...
we are preparing to send them out this week.

aren't RPI or SBC based DIY systems popular here?

>> what we have achieved technically is very impressive.

Marco
18-08-2016, 07:39
Yup, guys, I would encourage you to support Andre and take advantage of his willingness to demonstrate his products, without obligation, and get to know his products and him, as he's one of the industry's good guys :)

I feel that he's got some interesting products on offer, which if given a chance could go on to become very popular, so please take up his offer and given them a listen, as it could prove to be to your distinct sonic advantage! :cool:

Marco.

ALLO.com
18-08-2016, 09:38
Thank you Marco.

The research, time and effort that went into releasing these products can only be appreciated by a true audiophile, which i am sure there are a few on lurking here :)

Like I said before, yes we want to sell, but at this point, its not about that... We want to get the system in the hands of AOS members that will go "WOW!".

No strings attached guys!

YNWaN
18-08-2016, 09:39
I would give it a try as it does sound very interesting - unfortunately it wouldn't be very fair as I'm just not interested in streaming music :(.

Marco, why don't you give it a go, you are into this streaming malarkey aren't you?

Marco
18-08-2016, 09:54
I would do, Mark, but time for testing out equipment now I'm afraid is rather limited. We're in the middle of designing and building a new kitchen! :)

Some of the (many) keen file-based audio folks here, however, should defo give Andre's stuff a go.

Marco.

struth
18-08-2016, 10:13
Ive no intent on buying anything so no point here. Sounds like nice gear though.

Marco
18-08-2016, 10:26
I think the intent would be to review it for the interests of others here who may be interested in making a purchase. There is no obligation to buy.

After all, the best form of advertising for any small business is word of mouth, so I would encourage those who have the time and inclination to review Andre's products to come forward, and therefore generate that 'word of mouth' - that's how potential 'AoS specials' are born :)

Marco.

ALLO.com
18-08-2016, 11:07
Well said...
reviewing in interest of the forum in general and to open discussions about it.

ALLO.com
23-08-2016, 08:43
Guys we are shipping out the test units.
Please PM me your addresses...
@struth
@YNWaN
@AudioAl

thanks
Andre

badsoden
23-08-2016, 09:48
Have the systems appeared on the website yet? Don't seem to be able to find them.

ALLO.com
23-08-2016, 11:54
Have the systems appeared on the website yet? Don't seem to be able to find them.

not yet... we will launch site by the end of the month.
anything you need to know?
thanks
Andre

Marco
23-08-2016, 13:59
Guys we are shipping out the test units.
Please PM me your addresses...
@struth
@YNWaN
@AudioAl

thanks
Andre

Well done, guys, for giving Andre's products a go. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I suspect that once the 'word is out', his stuff is going to become popular ;)

Remember that all forthcoming reviews should be posted in the Strokes of Genius section and/or on Andre's trade room. Cheers! :cool:

Marco.

YNWaN
23-08-2016, 15:04
Umm... I wasn't aware I had volunteered. The equipment does sound interesting but I only own a tiny amount of music in file format so I wouldn't be a very good candidate.

100% Analogue

badsoden
23-08-2016, 15:32
not yet... we will launch site by the end of the month.
anything you need to know?
thanks
Andre
Just interested in seeing more pictures, details and pricing.

CageyH
24-08-2016, 11:17
What is the complete system price (in €)?
Would the demo unit ship from France?

ALLO.com
25-08-2016, 08:45
Just interested in seeing more pictures, details and pricing.

hi,
the site will be live very soon and there you will be able to see more images.
you can also refer to this post
http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?46117-ALLO-Audio-Hardware

let me know if you need anything else.

ALLO.com
25-08-2016, 08:46
What is the complete system price (in €)?
Would the demo unit ship from France?

Hi Kevin,
demo units are shipping from our factory in India...
in the future, we might be shipping from within the EU.
you can have an idea of prices in the link sent to badsoden.
thanks

CageyH
05-08-2018, 08:26
Do yo have a Digione player available for demo?
I would like to see how it compares to other bits I have here prior to purchasing one.

Sherwood
05-08-2018, 08:42
Do yo have a Digione player available for demo?
I would like to see how it compares to other bits I have here prior to purchasing one.

+1 but for the Katana. I have Digione and I can vouch for its performance.

Geoff

mikeyb
05-08-2018, 08:57
I have a Sparky, Piano, Kali, Volt system and it’s excellent, I have thought of selling it but it’s such a handy setup I’m loathe to in case it’s needed for the kids or grandkids. It’s been used as a second system in my pc room.

Really worth trying out as I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised

CageyH
05-08-2018, 10:32
I want to try a Digione player to see if it is better than the SPDIF bridge that Jerry has lent me as I stream from a (quiet) PC, hence the request to see if there is one available.

CageyH
07-08-2018, 15:39
:wave:

ALLO.com
08-08-2018, 07:57
hi to all.
CageyH, do you have your own RPI ?
regards
Andre

CageyH
08-08-2018, 08:54
Not yet, unfortunately.

ALLO.com
09-08-2018, 14:06
OK ideally, the RPI should be provided by you and the board by me...
what do you think ?

struth
09-08-2018, 14:14
The Allo stuff has come on a fair bit ... looking good ..:)

WESTLOWER
09-08-2018, 14:40
what do you think ?
Andre
I already have a rpi3 and hifiberry Digi+pro and a linear PSU.
I want so add a small DAC and D Amp on it to run as a streamer (for the kitchen area)
or to use as a Roon endpoint (from my main living room system) ....can this be achieved with your products?

CageyH
09-08-2018, 15:10
what do you think ?

I think I will thank you for your offer, but give it a miss.
Ideally I want to try a plug and play Digione to see how it compares to the other methods of digital play back I currently have available, without investing in something that may never be used again.

Sherwood
09-08-2018, 15:22
I think I will thank you for your offer, but give it a miss.
Ideally I want to try a plug and play Digione to see how it compares to the other methods of digital play back I currently have available, without investing in something that may never be used again.

I would take up that offer. The Rpi costs very little (less than Euro 40) and the Digione (I have one) is an exceptional product.

Geoff

ALLO.com
16-08-2018, 08:32
CageyH,

I hope you can reconsider... We dont manufacture the RPI, but I will gladly supply the Digione , one of flagship products that has been praised by audiophiles world wide.

regards
Andre

PS: worst case scenario, you can use the RPI for some other DIY project , its a great Xmas gift as well!

CageyH
16-08-2018, 08:40
Andre,

I am currently in the process of reconfiguring the digital side of my system, and I am not sure that I can make sensible use of a Digione at the moment.
My digital feed now goes direct from my PC with Asus Xonar STX II sound card to my pre-amp.
If this changes, I will be in touch.

ALLO.com
16-08-2018, 08:41
ok !

Mr.Ian
27-10-2019, 20:56
I'm interested in trying this or the current set up, how does this work?

Mr.Ian
30-10-2019, 21:07
No reply, I know this is an old and somewhat dormant thread, now I know why. From a personal perspective on marketing it might have been better to never have posted this offer or at least formally closed it. Thus endeth my £500 worth of free consultancy

walpurgis
30-10-2019, 21:13
There being no thread activity for over a year might be a bit of a clue.

Mr.Ian
30-10-2019, 21:42
True but this is trade impressions, front of house marketing, the only impression I get is look else where. If the offer is closed post to say so

walpurgis
30-10-2019, 21:44
Threads become inactive, even trade ones and don't necessarily get marked as such. You could try contacting the OP via PM or email.

struth
30-10-2019, 21:51
What was it u wanted. The Asus Xonar STX II sound card? They are available

Marco
22-12-2019, 14:41
Hi Andre,

You have a very important PM, please respond ASAP. Cheers!:cool:

Marco.