PDA

View Full Version : Rega Saturn

nbaptista
21-04-2008, 20:07
I had the chance to hear the Saturn this weekend in my system(only 30 minutes)and I donīt know why but my speakers almost disappear,while I could hear a perfect soundstage(not so perfect because the living room is a bit small).Well,I think my CD 5 is better on timing and rythm,also the sound is more organic,not so artificial,but why doesnīt the speakers disappear with it?:doh:

Colinx
21-04-2008, 20:24
well just may be the saturn is better at sounstage then, but if your Naim is better why worry? I would hardly describe the saturn sound as artificial, it's less ''aggressive'' than the Naim. If you only heard the saturn for 30 minutes, then really you did not hear it at its best.

p.s. take anything I say about Naim or Rega with a huge pinch of salt

nbaptista
11-05-2008, 10:50
but why doesnīt the speakers disappear with it?:doh:
I think i have the answer now : a friend of mine borrow me this weekend a Qed Genesis speaker cable,and now my system seems new.All the harshness that I thougt the Naim had disappeared,now the sound stll has vigour but is so smooth.The bottleneck was the Audioquest Type 4.
I think one of the main advantage of Naim cd playerīs over other brands are the flatcapīs,that you can add and change the sound for better!
Yes,the Saturn is good value for the money,but a cd player that impressed me a lot a few months ago,was the Linn Majik!

Steve Toy
11-05-2008, 19:43
I recently sold my Linn Majik. I should have given you the chance to buy it.