PDA

View Full Version : Eagle / Coral CT 10 Tweeters & Celestion Modal 44 Bass Units in Cabinets

dantheman91
08-08-2016, 16:13
For sale i am presuming home made or a manufacture no longer in production slim line cabinets not really ideal for the drivers in them which are of top end quality for DIY HI-FI of the late 60's early 70's. The drivers in the cabinets are Eagle / Coral CT 10 Tweeters & Celestion Modal 44 Bass units not the ditton 44 bass units of the 70's 3 way speakers. The speakers have been tested and are in working order the bass drivers are 15 ohm & the tweeters 16 very odd impedance but sound wise they are ideal for someone how wants an open baffle project was my intention but have got many speakers i have no need for these so time to pass them on drivers are in excellent condition the value is just for the drivers and not the cabinets they are slimline with a grill cloth pictures will be uploaded this evening these are strange pairing units but they have got to be worth £50? Ideal project for someone selling as i want to pass them on i have no use for them offers welcome....

£50

Demo Welcome
Collection from Bournemouth

dantheman91
10-08-2016, 15:24
£35

No one fancy a project?

Could sound very good on a DIY system or maybe not who knows...they must be worth something....:scratch:

Arkless Electronics
10-08-2016, 15:39
For sale i am presuming home made or a manufacture no longer in production slim line cabinets not really ideal for the drivers in them which are of top end quality for DIY HI-FI of the late 60's early 70's. The drivers in the cabinets are Eagle / Coral CT 10 Tweeters & Celestion Modal 44 Bass units not the ditton 44 bass units of the 70's 3 way speakers. The speakers have been tested and are in working order require an amplifier of high current as the bass drivers are 15 ohm & the tweeters 16 very odd but sound wise they are ideal for someone how wants an open baffle project was my intention but have got many speakers i have no need for these so time to pass them on drivers are in excellent condition the value is just for the drivers and not the cabinets they are slimline with a grill cloth pictures will be uploaded this evening these are strange pairing units but they have got to be worth £50? Ideal project for someone selling as i want to pass them on i have no use for them offers welcome....

£50

Demo Welcome
Collection from Bournemouth

Nah;) That's a high impedance, you need voltage not current. Anything should drive them ok.

dantheman91
10-08-2016, 15:56
Nah;) That's a high impedance, you need voltage not current. Anything should drive them ok.

Opps i stand corrected....Im still learning :eyebrows:

dantheman91
20-08-2016, 09:48
Decided to take the horrible connections on and waiting for the spring clips to arrive so i can give the a proper go so holding fire on the sale at this point and may keep them as my open baffle project...:eyebrows:

Hording shit as per usual...:eek:

walpurgis
20-08-2016, 10:21
It was quite normal to see 16 ohm and 15 ohm drive units used together Dan. The impedance ratings are always nominal anyway. As Jez said, you can drive those with anything. The Teleton should suit them well.

The 12" Celestions might work well with a sensitive 8" twin cone driver coming in at maybe around 500Hz using a simple 6db two way filter and covering the mid and upper reaches, something from Richard Allan maybe? The 8" Richard Allan midrange units crop up on eBay now and then and are sensitive. Matching sensitivities can be tricky though. The horn tweeters could be used as 'supertweeters' just via a series capacitor, although their top end extension is a little curtailed, but they do sound nice.

If you like playing with vintage amps, look for an early seventies Trio KA2000a. They are remarkably nice sounding and don't cost a lot. Very reminiscent of the Sugden A21 in sound.

dantheman91
20-08-2016, 10:36
Have fitted the blocks and set them up and they are still not to my taste sound wise but ive tried to like them but their not for me so back up for sale or i will give them away to anyone who can collect i dont have room to store them...

So anyone in bournemouth willing to take them send me a PM.....

:) interesting project for someone else