PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Dorset via Sheffield.

speedracer
03-08-2016, 16:27
Hi all, been a member for just a few weeks browsing around & getting to the forum so thought it was time for an introduction.
I am Brook, originally from Sheffield but moved down south about 11 years ago. My driving licence says I am 59 but I am fairly sure it is lying to me!
Musical tastes are, gosh, so many, but for me Bowie is the greatest, but I enjoy lots of other artists & genre's, Joni Mitchell, Eno, Beatles, early Stones, BT, lots of jazz & ambient, Hawkwind, Zep, Neil Young, I could go on & on.....
I have had an interesting journey with hifi, starting off with Jap gear in the late '70's, then DJ-ing for a while, then went through the usual LP12, Naim amps etc & settled with a Mitchel Orbe, Unison Research amps & Audio Physic Sparks, which I was happy with for some years.
Then last year decided to have a change, based on nothing, & my current kit consists of a Aurora Gold TT, Audiomods arm & DV10x5 cart, Firebottle plus phono, Triode 854 Tube amp & Art Moderne 6 speakers, with a slight nod to digital with a MF X-Ray CDP & X-DAC, but mainly vinyl for me.

Here's hoping to building my knowledge through this site, & getting to know one of two of you!

Cheers,

Brook.

struth
03-08-2016, 16:32
Welcome to AoS Brook. Hope you enjoy the site. Just join in with the topics if you feel like it. A fairly friendly bunch here......mostly ;). Lol

walpurgis
03-08-2016, 17:28
Hello Brook. Welcome to AOS.

You have an interesting selection of equipment there.

Tell us what plans you may have for your system if any. We like to hear what people have in mind.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

tapid
03-08-2016, 17:56
Interesting turntable there Brook, not heard of that one, nice kit. Enjoy the forum !

speedracer
03-08-2016, 18:16
Interesting turntable there Brook, not heard of that one, nice kit. Enjoy the forum !

Hi Brian, thanks for the welcome, it is an Origin Live turntable.