PDA

View Full Version : Hello fom Perth, Western Australia

Gerolamo
01-08-2016, 11:08
Hi all, great to be part of the forum!
So my system is about to be reborn.
New power amps, and speakers are on their way to me as we speak.
My old kit amp (WD88VA) has packed it in so time for a change.
My current speakers, also a kit but with lead lined cabinets and lovely paint job (I'm an automotive refinisher by trade) never really floated my boat, so I'm about to try something new.
I suppose most of you would be aware of Trans Fi Audio, well I'm about to build a set of baffle less speakers pretty much identical to Vic's using Temple Audio monoblocks to drive the mid/full range drivers and a behringer PA amp with dsp to drive the four 15inch woofers all crossed over actively.
..... Should be fun!!
I'll be using my existing Tubeguru valve pre with mm phono stage, Garrard 401 on slatedeck plinth, Cartridgeman Music Maker lll on a Transfi T3pro.
Cd duty us taken care of my old faithful Marantz cd17 ki sig.
I listen to mainly vinyl and keep an open mind when it comes to music.
I love when I discover new music (new or old) rock, folk, soul, reggae, blues, classical (although I'm not an expert), electronic.... you get my drift.
I also use to dj back in the day as well, playing mainly drum n' bass/jungle and some Dutch/Italian Hardstyle.

I'll be sure to let everyone know how my project is coming along. Hopefully it won't take too long. Getting free time from the savages (kids and better half) can be a bit tricky:doh:
Gerome.

trio leo
01-08-2016, 11:36
Hi Gerome,
Welcome to the AoS from me, nice to see another vinyl spinner on this friendly forum, it sounds like you are at an exciting and changing time with your system and music listening.

I hope you find items of interest here.

Enjoy your music :)

cheers Al

Macca
01-08-2016, 12:29
Hi Gerome

Sounds like a brilliant speaker project, keep us updated as you go along.

Spectral Morn
01-08-2016, 12:40
Welcome to AoS

Gerolamo
01-08-2016, 13:40
Thanks gents!
Exciting times ahead alright!! It's been a long time coming.
Will definitely let you know how things are travelling.
It'll be great to harp on about the build to like minded people.
Such a different type of build as well. Will be very interesting.

struth
01-08-2016, 13:45
Nice intro Gerome. Speakers sound interesting, and doing them actively seems popular here. Hope to read moreabout it and see some pictures

tapid
01-08-2016, 18:17
Welcome from down under Jerome, nice kit

walpurgis
01-08-2016, 21:50
Hello Gerome. Welcome to AOS from me too.

You have an interesting selection of equipment.

Your speaker project sounds a good candidate for the Drawing Board section. We'd like to see how you get along with it.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Barry
03-08-2016, 01:20
Welcome to AoS Gerome.

We have several DIY speaker builders here who I am sure will be most interested in your speaker project.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry