PDA

View Full Version : Christine and the Queens

Haselsh1
31-07-2016, 10:16
OK, this album is stunning. I can now stop dribbling and get on with it.

Do I mind that they and a lot of the vocals are French...? Well now that I have forgiven them for that stinking concoction they refer to as cheese, no, I do not mind as I feel it adds a whole new dimension to their sound. Also, I have long been thinking of getting back into gigging with a 'heavy' electronic sound and an exquisite female vocal so this my friends is almost exactly what I had in mind.

The production is excellent with a really good bass but not the best I have heard from an electronic album and the stereo effect kind of puts you in the centre of a glass fish bowl with sounds swirling around the room in a huge orb. I love the gorgeous Oberheim-esque sounds that are apparently from a Prophet and I love the heavily electronic percussion sounds that seriously cannot be referred to as 'drum' sounds. This album has an overwhelmingly adult sound to it considering the bands ages and is very carefully thought through.

Favourite track, 'Jonathan' as it is completely gorgeous. The track I wish I had composed myself...? 'Narcissus is back' as it has just my kind of edge to it.

Rather strangely though, as the last track finished, I was kind of glad it was all over.

Nice album but not the best electronic music I have ever heard.

CageyH
31-07-2016, 10:27
What is the title of the album?

Haselsh1
31-07-2016, 10:35
The album is titled 'Chaleur Humaine'

HackneyRF
31-07-2016, 10:49
Nice heads up Shaun. I'll give that a listen.

CageyH
31-07-2016, 11:11
Thanks. Time to fire up Spotify.

Arkless Electronics
31-07-2016, 12:37
The single "Tilted" has been a favourite here for weeks..

Spectral Morn
31-07-2016, 14:18
Its very good. I got it on promotion from Amazon a few weeks back for £5.99 - was on back order as they were sold out. Saw them on Graham Norton.

Jimbo
31-07-2016, 19:08
Yes 'tilted' is the best track I have heard from her.