PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Dorset!

liamscanlan
26-07-2016, 22:35
I've been a member for a long time (years) without posting ! I think that I must have joined just for one specific piece of information and forgot about the site - please forgive me... mea culpa! :mental:
I have mostly Meridian equipment:
Main system: Meridian 861 processor, 800D DVD/CD, HD621 switcher, DSP 5200 fronts, DSP 5000 rears, Prime Headphone/DAC, ATH-W1000 headphones
2nd System: Meridian 861, 800 DVD, Behringer DCX2496 (x2) digital active crossovers, fronts: IPL 5TL (self built), rears: Castle Howards, A500 Behringer amps (x7), Caiman Headphone DAC (upgraded), HD650 Headphones
and a bit more kit lying around...

I have eclectic tastes: Bjork, William Orbit, Martin Simpson, Kelly Joe Phelps, Opera, Classical, Jackson Browne, Jan Gabareck, Dhafer Yusef, Mariza, Habib Koite, Rokia Traore, Joni Mitchell... you get the picture, anything is possible!

Hobbies: HiFi, woodwork, metalwork, building stuff, dogs
Retired
Liam

struth
26-07-2016, 22:43
Hi Liam, welcome to the site Eventually. Must be the longest ever wait fir a first post. :D Anyways, I hope you enjoy the site.....

pS, could you put your name and location into the profile boxes so they show under your posts on top right... Can be done in profile. its a rule now, and thanks.

walpurgis
26-07-2016, 22:47
Hi Liam. Welcome to AOS.

I like Meridian gear, as do many others, so you are in good company.

Quite a few retirees here and younger folk too.

If you have any Hi-Fi projects on the go we'd like to hear about them. You could post details in the Drawing Board section.

Tell us what plans if any you have for your system.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

liamscanlan
26-07-2016, 23:14
Name and location inserted as requested!
Liam

Barry
03-08-2016, 00:43
Welcome to AoS Liam.

Good to see a long time 'lurker' poking his head above the parapet - you're forgiven.

Nice system you have and an admirably wide taste in music: "... Martin Simpson, Kelly Joe Phelps, Opera, Classical, Jackson Browne, Jan Gabareck, Dhafer Yusef, Mariza, Habib Koite, Rokia Traore, Joni Mitchell... ", nice, very nice. :)

Enjoy the Forum

Barry

liamscanlan
03-08-2016, 12:33
Thanks Barry...
Much to learn from the good folks hereabouts, I think!
Liam