PDA

View Full Version : New Member Greeting from Hong Kong

AlfredA
26-07-2016, 05:19
Hello all HiFi enthusiasts,

My name is Alfred and I am living in Hong Kong. I come across this forum when I am searching for ways to improve the performance of my Tannoy Monitor Gold 15 in Lancaster cabinet. I fall in love with vintage tube gear about 10 years ago. With my limited knowledge in electronics, I take the path of DIY and love it ever since.

I have seen a lot of good recommendations and knowledge sharing here in this forum. I hope to learn and share my experience good and bad.

My current setup :)

Analog
• Turntable: LP12 + Ittok IV + Ortofon Kontrapunkt a + Lundahl Step up
• TD124 MK II + SME 3009R + Ortofon SPU 95 Anniversary + Ortofon ST-80 SE

Phono
• Conrad Johnson Premier 6

Digital
• Studer A730
• Raspberry Pi + NAIM DAC

Amplifier
• McIntosh C20
• Leak ST-60

Speaker
• Tannoy ARDEN MK II
• Tannoy Monitor Gold 15 in Lancaster cabinet

walpurgis
26-07-2016, 09:29
Hi Alfred. Welcome to AOS.

That's a nice selection of equipment you have.

Tannoys are very popular here, many of us use them.

If you have any DIY projects, you could feature them in the Drawing Board section. They'd be appreciated.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

AlfredA
26-07-2016, 13:33
Hi Alfred. Welcome to AOS.

That's a nice selection of equipment you have.

Tannoys are very popular here, many of us use them.

If you have any DIY projects, you could feature them in the Drawing Board section. They'd be appreciated.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Hi Geoff,

Many thanks! I do have other vintage gears like klangfilm klv-502 and western electric ks-16608 that I got from ebay for restoration. I am trying to build a new cabinet based on the York cabinet and crossovers for my Tannoy MG 15.

I am looking forward to get some inputs from some of the experienced members who have done the work on MG15 before. :lol:

struth
26-07-2016, 13:43
Welcome to AoS Alfred. Plenty nice gear in that list. Hope you enjoy the forum:)

Spectral Morn
27-07-2016, 07:43
Welcome to the forum.

Floyddroid
28-07-2016, 07:20
Lovely system. Welcome.

Barry
03-08-2016, 00:53
Welcome to AoS Alfred,

Yes, some very nice gear you have there, some items of which I use myself.

I like your Studer A730 CD player. Thought about getting one myself. At the moment I use a Revox (but built by Studer) C221 player; this like your Studer was designed for professional broadcast use.

We have several followers of Thorens 124 TTs and of Tannoy speakers here, so you ought to fit in nicely. :)

What are your tastes in music, what do you play on your fine system?

Enjoy the Forum
Barry