PDA

View Full Version : Linn Sondek LP12 (table only, no arm)

Simon_LDT
20-07-2016, 17:15
Selling my LP12. This is the table only, so no arm or cart included. It was built for me by Peter at Cymbiosis in 2011 and has had moderate use since then and only used by me, I'd say no more than 5 hrs a week.

The build consisted of a mix of new and traded in parts. The top plate was new, as was the Trampolin 2 base. Everything else was sourced from good quality used parts. The plinth is from 1989 and is corned braced and fluted. It could do with a sand and re-finish to get it looking it's best. I only rubbed in some lemon oil from time to time. I never used a lid with it but it does have some corner marks on the plinth from a previous user.

The belt looks in good health, although it has never been changed by me. The PSU is a Hercules II, works fine at 33rpm, at 45rpm it works fine but for some reason the blue light flickers from time to time. Not sure what that could be as I've not noticed any speed issues upon playback and it's been like that for years.

The bearing is a black-lined one (pre-cirkus). The armboard is for a Rega arm. There are some marks on the spindle shaft, few marks/wear on the sub and platter but overall in a nice condition for it's age. Also comes with felt mat.

Ideally the deck could do with a set-up check as it hasn't been touched for 5 years and is overdue. This would be perfect for someone who wants to build an LP12 from scratch and use this as a base. There is no plug currently on it but I can fit one if need be. I do have a box for it but not all the packaging so collection only at this point (or meet-up somewhere).

Looking for £350.

Natara
20-07-2016, 17:24
You have pm Simon

Natara
20-07-2016, 17:32
Simon I have just noticed that you would prefer collection only and seeing as your in Coventry and I'm in Brighton thats not going to happen. If on the very, very slim chance you don't find a buyer within your area and you do decide to offer a postage option then please pm me. A lovely starter deck for someone.
Kindest Regards

Simon_LDT
21-07-2016, 12:46
Did not receive your PM Natara but a big thanks for your interest. This is now sold stp but if it falls through and I end up offering postage I will be in touch.