PDA

View Full Version : FS: GIANT FS-100 Radiotehnika Speakers

nickbaba
17-07-2016, 20:50
Here is my pair of awesome RRR Giant FS-100s up for sale.

You can believe any speaker with the word Giant in their name must be a hefty beast, and these won't disappoint!

http://rrr.lv/product/giant-fs-100/

They are made in Latvia by Radiotehnika, who have been around since 1925 and actually introduced Russia's first transistorised radio and first stereo record player. They make all their own drive units in house and manufacture for many other European loudspeaker manufacturers, rumour has it this includes Sonus Faber. I imported these myself to the UK.

They are quite tall and very heavy. The cabinets feel extremely sturdy and are finished in highly polished mahogany.

The sound is quite phenomenal, very clear and well balanced and the two 8" woofers give any music a solid foundation. But there's no bass boom or wallow, its extremely tight and controlled in the bottom end.

Huge speaker terminals on the back, as you can see. They can be bi-amped.

As things worked out I only had these in my system for a few days before they went into storage due to my living situation at the time, and they've been there ever since. Hence the pictures in the storage unit!
So they are effectively brand new and hardly even run in yet. I was keeping them for the dream of one day having a dedicated listening room for them, but time passes and I need the space, as well as feeling that someone should be using and appreciating these wonderful beasts which have been sadly under-used.

As stated they are large (1230 x 300 x 430 mm) and very heavy (50kg each) so collection from SW London would be much preferred, although I'm sure we can work something out if you live further afield.

Priced to move at £750.

nickbaba
21-07-2016, 23:12
Now SOLD. Thank you.