PDA

View Full Version : Call for contributions to the Album Club

Album Club
16-07-2016, 21:24
Good Evening Everyone

The rota for contributions to the Album Club will end in August. So this is a call to all those who would like to take part and suggest a music title; something they think that Members might like to hear.

The invitation is open to all Members, old and new – anybody is welcome to have a go. Ideally we are looking for about a dozen names to take us through to the middle of next year.

Those of you who have already taken part in the Album Club, will know what is expected from contributors: a title; an image of the cover artwork; a few words saying why you have made your choice, and (most importantly) a link to either Spotify or YouTube, so Members can hear your choice.

What you choose is entirely up to you; don’t be afraid that some might not like your choice – tastes vary and it is always good to hear something new, something that might have passed by unnoticed. Be imaginative, be bold, and be adventurous. To see what we have listened to, past titles suggested are listed here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?23704-Alphabetical-List-of-Previous-Album-Club-Selections.

In the first instance, we just need some names. If you would like to take part, then simply PM the Album Club. We don’t need to know what your choice will be in advance. Members will submit their contributions in the same order as receipt of interest. Contributions will be posted on a monthly timetable and you will be given a month’s notice when your turn comes around.

So how about it – fancy having a go?

PM me,

Regards
The Album Club

RichB
16-07-2016, 22:07
Yeah I'm game.... Count me in

Audio Al
16-07-2016, 22:23
And Me please :)

johnB
17-07-2016, 00:02
I'll have another go (despite the pasting that my LPs have previously received!!)

John

RichB
17-07-2016, 06:35
I'll have another go (despite the pasting that my LPs have previously received!!)

John

:lol::ner:

HackneyRF
17-07-2016, 09:32
I'd like another go please, provided i dont take up a slot of someone who hasn't contributed before.

nigsy116
17-07-2016, 10:12
I'll have another shot. Promise I won't pick another UFO lp this time!

lovejoy
17-07-2016, 12:15
I'm up for another go too...

karma67
17-07-2016, 16:45
id like to have a go to please

Spectral Morn
19-07-2016, 09:44
I will have another go.

As a side issue the woeful lack of response to the last Album Club, was disgraceful in my view. Two comments only.

Pixelpopper
26-07-2016, 21:57
Well not literally, I hope :)
i'll happily make a contribution.

:guitar:

Album Club
01-08-2016, 01:31
Thanks to all of you who have volunteered to take part in the Album Club for September onwards.

We now have sufficient Album Club choices to take us through to June 2017. The following Members have agreed to contribute:

RichB - September 2016

Audio Al - October 2016

johnB - November 2016

HackneyRF - December 2016

nigsy116 - January 2017

lovejoy - February 2017

jamie123 - March 2017

Dalek Supreme DL - April 2017

high.spirits - May 2017

Pixelpopper - June 2017

I shall remind you all one month in advance of your turn, to give you plenty of time to prepare your submissions.

Again, thanks to all those who have volunteered.

Regards
Album Club

hiwattnick
28-09-2017, 18:11
I would love to volunteer to submit an album of the month! = )
I've got a few ideas that I believe would be overall great choices that people would enjoy.
Please let me know if I could possibly reserve a month.
I've listened to Ella record for this month, but need to give it another listen.
Many thanks & much appreciation!
- Nick