PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all

JohnT
11-07-2016, 18:21
Hi everyone from rural Leicestershire

Undergoing a system revamp after 25 years of not even buying a HiFi magazine

Looking for advice in balanced mains power supplies and DC filters

Having been away for so long I notice a somewhat massive increase in the cost of everything today

Looking for advice in CD transports DAC and streaming, old system was solely centred around phono

New amplifier already sourced and tubes are being run in, looking for advice in SUT especially centred around Lundhal AG transformers , temporary phono stage is an AR LP1 , cartridge is Koetsu rosewood signature 0.4mv version , need to understand variable resistive loading

Not afraid to get a soldering iron out and love Decca London Super Gold/Reference

System details to follow

Regards

John

walpurgis
11-07-2016, 18:35
Hi John. Welcome to AOS.

Many of us are using much of what we had 25 years ago, so you may not have really fallen behind.

If you want advice on mains supplies etc. Try starting a thread in the Artists Pallette section and outline your ideas and wants. You should get some decent answers.

The Digital Expressions area is the place for CD and streaming and the like.

You'll need to give folks an idea of your budget for your intended purchases. And tell us what music you listen to.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

struth
13-07-2016, 09:09
Hi john. The RPI is maybe a njce way to do streaming and is very cost effective. There are a number of good threads in the digital section on the humble pi.
Cd players wise i use an old pioneer dvd player which sounds pretty good too.

Spectral Morn
13-07-2016, 10:00
Welcome to AOS :cool:

Floyddroid
14-07-2016, 22:06
Welcome good sir.

Barry
24-07-2016, 22:00
Welcome to AoS John.

I'm still using gear I bought forty years ago, so don't worry.

Lundahl make very good SUTs, why don't you look at their web-site for something suitable offering 10x turns ratio? Their web-site has useful advice on resistive loading, though it's not too difficult to understand. If you have any questions just ask away.

I too love Deccas, but now we're entering a whole new world of user enthusiasm; satisfactory and reliable installation and use of Deccas is a bit of a lobour of love. But once bitten they're hard to ignore!

Enjoy the Forum
Barry